What was your latest break up over?

I'm very curious about this question... So if it doesn't bother you, please answer... I just want to see what people have broken up over...

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry for the long response, apparently I needed to get this out. My ex-boyfriend broke up with me because after 11 months of dating he couldn't see himself falling in love. It was really hard to understand because even after the breakup he would always say how great he thought I was, how intelligent I was, how attracted to me he still was, and how much fun he had with me. He even told me 2 months after the breakup that he didn't enjoy a camping trip he took with friends because he thought of me the entire time. All of those things just never added up to me because I would never put a time frame on when you're supposed to fall in love, especially when so many things in the realtionship are great and you know being appart will make you suffer. Part of me wonders if it was largely a timing issue because I'm in a place in my life where a relationship is a top priority, where for him his career and misc. activities are more of a priority. He even admitted that he was in a very selfish stage in his life and that he wasn't ready to give other things up for a relationship, a huge conflict in our relationship.

We tried to be friends up until a month ago, 4 months after the breakup, but we inevitably turned into FWB and started talking all of the time. Even with everything that happended after the breakup and how much we both still obviously enjoyed spending time together he insisted he thought he still made the right decision by ending things. I finally had enough when he diminished what we had been doing since the breakup (hanging out ever week, sometimes talking everyday) to simply "catching up and chatting sometimes". I felt completely disrespected and taken for granted so I told him that I didn't need someone like that in my life. Since then there's been almost no contact. I think about him every day and miss him like crazy and wish we could be friends, but sadly I don't hink that will ever happen after all that went on after the breakup.

• Thanks for the answer. I know some guys can seem a little clingy after a breakup. My ex was for a year after we split. Take some time to relax either by yourself or with girlfriends and gradually get back into the relationship scene. You never know, your next beau could be around the corner... :)

What Guys Said 1

• Distance! she couldn't bare with it any longer

What Girls Said 3

• He told me he didn't want to deal with the distance (we are going to college an hour away) but that's not the real reason. I don't know the reason and I wish I did... maybe it would help me get over him. =/

• my ex and I broke it off for 3 reasons

#1 I want to be an actress and he dosen't want to see me in a film kissing or in a sex scean with another guy. He also hates that if I became an actress their would be camera people folowing me and him .

#2 being that he and I were moving to fast, after a month he told me he was in love with me. We were friends befor we started dating. We were just moving way too fast.

#3 My life had gotten really crazy. my guy bestie had told me he was in love with me since we were little. Issues with my dad and him not being around. A few relitaves died. And I needed space to handel things.

If I had my choice I would get back with him but now I think he hates me cause I broke up with him and didn't know it was his b-day, and was a horrible gf

• Distance and his insecurities. It's very weird to be told how amazing you are as someone is breaking up with you because he felt he needed to deal with his issues himself. I'm still miss him like crazy(this was only 2 weeks ago)but I understand that he thought he couldn't handle it