Opening up a broken heart to other relationships , what should I do?

It has been 8 months since i broke up with my emotionally abusive boyfriend. Things were never easy, my whole family did not want him and so everywere i went i just felt caged. As time passed he became more and more abusive, wanting to do what he wants and forcing me by saying things like
"you don't want to work for out relationship" - this is not true as i was the one fighting my family while he was the one sitting on the sofa checking out girls which he even felt so comfortable to share with me (note the sarcasm) even though he knew i was suffering a lot.

We met at an activity i go to, after we broke up i still kept on going. However i noticed that as time passed by he tried to manipuate and destroy all my friendships and romantic relationshipsTo this without knwing i beame locked in myslef, uptight, rude and intolerable to almost every person attending the activities. This of course led most of the to hate me and subsequentley say things against me behind my back, if only they knew the pain i passed through and how difficult i find it.

I have tried to penatrate this wall of steel that i buit up but i seem to be unable to do so. What do you guys suggest i should do?
.
1
1