Ex says he thought of me - he broke up with me, what does he want?

Ex walked away from the relationship 1.5 months ago, I was devastated and honestly I’m trying hard to move on. I briefly spoke to him a month ago as it was my birthday.

A month since our last talk, he randomly facetimed me last night, but I didn’t pick up because I wasn’t ready to see his face and I wasn’t going to text back. Then today he messaged me asking if I received a missed FaceTime call and how he saw something and thought of me and wanted to surprise FaceTime me. He’s currently travelling and he sent another photo of himself with some landscape and said ‘I saw this and thought of you, I thought you’d like it’

What does he want? Why would he say he thought of me and then actively showing that he is? He walked away from the relationship and did say that there wasn’t going to be anything more. So what is he trying to do?
2
1