Ladies, how do you go about ending a relationship where you still love the guy, you just felt you couldn't handle a relationship anymore?

I'm not saying all women do this, but I've noticed with quite a few of my male friends that their girlfriends broke up with them, told them they didn't do anything wrong, they still have feelings for them and love them-- they just didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. Is this common? Is it an excuse? And why do they totally cut these guys off afterward if the he was "a great guy" who they still love and have feelings for? Like no contact, communication, ignoring texts, etc. From a guy's perspective, it comes across as a poor excuse and my friends are often left wondering why their relationship really ended.
1 y
I guess I'll add a few of the reasons behind why they felt they couldn't handle the relationship-- one said she was overwhelmed with work, another that she needed to figure out what she was doing with her life, and the third said she needed to focus on herself. I don't know if that makes a difference.
1
1