Is it possible to be "friends" with an ex if the relationship ended well?

My ex and I broke up a few weeks ago. I assumed we would be friends afterwards because we ended on good terms and we have a few mutual friends. It was her idea to break up and after looking at the situation, while I didn't want things to end, I knew it was for the best for both of us. We both have a lot on our plates right now. She asks our mutual friends how I'm doing, but then when I contact her she's not very friendly. Which doesn't make much sense to me. Is it possible to be friends with an ex? Or will there always be a part of you that views them romantically? Is it possible she still has feelings for me and that's why she's acting this way?
1 y
Wow never thought this question would be that popular haha. Thanks for everybody's insight. I guess my follow-up would be, so do you think the break up was harder on her than I imagined? I guess I figured because it was her idea that it was a relatively easy process for her
145
301