Cheating.. if he does it once, will he do it again?

I want brutal honesty here. Will a guy cheat on you if he already did before?

I've been dating a guy for two years... three months into our relationship when we were across the country from each other, he cheated on me. We broke up for a few months but reconciled cause he said he will never do it again. It was before we were in love and where we are now.

We have been together now and things have been great.. however... I found that two condoms were missing from our pack that I know we never used. Does that mean he cheated?

He claims his roommate, who also has a girlfriend, used them.

Is this bullsh*t? Is a cheater always a cheater?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it maybe depends on how he reacted the first time when he cheated and whether it was a drunken mistake etc. If he was really sorry, and didn't try to make excuses, then maybe he won't do it again. Serial cheats might say to you they don't want to cheat on you, they want to be a better person etc. but I think maybe the telltale signs are if the guy is able to semi-justify what he did (eg saying "well my girlfriend wasn't perfect either" or "when I really love I'm faithful") then it's worrying. I'm only saying this with hindsight after it happenned to me. My ex said he wanted to change and I gave him the chance...but looking back he clearly wasn't that remorseful about what he'd done to the girl before me because it didn't just happen once and because he thought the fact that he had been unhappy in the relationship was relevant...which it's not...because cheating is never OK. and then he cheated on me...

if he's really remorseful then maybe it'll be ok...good luck! :)

What Guys Said 2

• A cheater is always a cheater. I'm not saying that he has cheated on you recently...but everyone I know that cheats, does it again.

• One thing you have to always remember,if you take him back,that's giving him the OK to do it again! Ask yourself,would he take you back if you cheated? There's your answer! Don't be his door mat,you can do better! Good Luck!

• have you noticed anything else "fishy"?

• Nope, nothing else fishy. we have our own apartments, but I sleep at his almost every night. I even check his phone from time to time and it's only me and other guys in there.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't believe "once a cheater, always a cheater". I do think it is possible to make a mistake and learn from it.

As for whether or not he's telling the truth about the condoms, I have no idea.

• Yes I'm sorry its true..im a cheater I must admit and it so easy for me to cheat on people I guess but that's me unless a cheater goes in rehab I think a cheater is a cheater(a person with problems)

• I honestly don't believe that a cheater is always a cheater. My boyfriend cheated on me & he was absolutely sorry. He considered suicide because he couldn't stand the thought that he did that to me.

If he was sorry, he wouldn't cheat again. If you feel as if he did cheat on you again, than call him out of it and tell him that you found the two condoms missing. He could had just given the condoms to a friend in need and didn't think of anything at the time.

• I gave him a second chance, and I think all my friends thought I was nuts. I like to believe that people make mistakes and can change if they really want to.

• Exactly. My friends thought the same when I gave my boyfriend a second chance. All you have to do is think about the good memories and if they outweigh the bad, than take the chance.