Why does my cheating ex keep calling me toxic?

I’ll admit that i wasn’t perfect. I often got upset about what he did on social media (he updated tinder and lied to me when i found out, he’d like random photos of random girls, follow random girls, comment “😍” on his female friends’ photos but never mine, and basically gave attention to everyone on social media except for me). Anyways, He’d often disregard my feelings and just go and like/folllow/comment the things that made me feel insecure. I talked to him about it so many times. We’d then get into arguments where some mean words were thrown back and foether. Eventually he decided to cheat. When i found out he blamed it on me making him miserable. Even tho it wasn’t my fault, he just keep disrespecting me online and ignoring my feelings about it all. Now, because i haven’t gotten over it, i found out 2 months ago, and whenever we talk I can sometimes say mean/spiteful things. He calls me toxic, yet refuses to see where he was toxic when he was lying to me, and manipulating, telling me i was delusional and just wanting to cause arguments for fun, basically made me question my reality. And he still calls me toxic, and yes. Being rude/spiteful in conversation is toxic. But, he acts like I am just that way because it’s who i am. When I’m not like this with anyone else.
Why does my cheating ex keep calling me toxic?
Add Opinion