Am I less of a mother because I do not have my son as much as most single parents?

My son is 7 and 3 years ago his dad and I broke up. We were never married. We went through the court system/mediation and it has definitely been a long ride. I did not necessarily want the agreement that we have, but due to limited finances I had to take what I can get. I am still the custodial parent and recieve child support, but we have expandard standard possession. So my ex gets my son 1,3,5 weekends, all Thursdays and 2nd and 4 Wednesday. I still have him the majority of the time though. People make me feel guilty because I don't have him as much as most single parents and sometimes I feel like I am not doing my part so to speak, but when he is with me, we do spend quality time together. Am I less of a mom because the father wants be involved.

Just for the record the dad and I do not really get a long although a month ago he did ask me to go back out with him. I did decline though. Because of this I believe he uses his time speak negatively about me to our son and try to turn him against me.
3
0