Why do guys lie and cheat?

i went out with a guy for about two months but then I broke up with him but only because of distance issues we could not be together it's not like a didn't want to be with him, and he said that he also wanted to be with me and that he really liked me and wanted me to be his girlfriend and that he wasn't going to be with anyone else because he would be thinking of me and a whole bunch of crap because a week after that he saw his ex girlfriend and they hooked up, we weren't together at the time but it only makes him a liar and makes me think that he still has feelings for her even though they broke up more than a year ago and that he's never meant anything with me...

ps. he was drunk when they hooked up but he supposedly also told her that he still had feeling for her that same night AND that same night he called me and told me he wanted to be with me and whatever.

they say drunk people always tell the truth but then what would be the truth in this case?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• That's like me asking why women always try to control the relationship through manipulation and getting everything you want while giving nothing. The answer is some guys and some girls do both, and the standard variation between gender is NOT very high. Understanding this fact is the first step you have to take to find a good guy who will treat you right, otherwise you will never trust or love him the way you should trust someone in a real relationship. Your insecurities will be the cause of cheating and death of every relationship unless you learn most people are cheated on by someone they love at some point in their life and that is why they move on and do not marry that person.

You are too young to be worrying about every guy you date. Life is an annoyingly bumpy rollercoaster that jerks your head around. But if you can keep yourself in line it is a lot more fun. You will be in MANY more relationships, the one you will be in next will almost certainly not be your final. So love as hard as you can and wait to distrust someone, don't just assume it.

What Guys Said 4

• You need to change your question to "why do all guys who I'm with cheat"

• why do women lie and cheat

• apparently your just not as hot as his ex...yea I would leave for someone hotter and less likely to complain...nobody likes a complainer.

• Not all guys do it. Some do. And girls love the bad guys! Too bad. Google for an answers; apparently it offers a chemical high!

What Girls Said 0