Why would my ex want to be friends ?

Ok, I use to date this guy for almost 2-3 years and he was my first. After we broke up, we didn't talk to each other anymore. Years past and I've seen him once or twice and then I moved away. When I moved back, I seen him last Friday at a red light. He rowed his window down and ask if he could follow me to my house and talk. So we did. We talked about 30-35 mins. and before he left, he gave me his number and asked me to call him, gave me a hug and called me sexy. Then asked if he could touch my breast. I was like no, you gotta go home to your little roommate(HIS GIRLFRIEND HE LIVES WITH). Then he laugh's and say please call me because you know I gotta keep up with my first. What did he mean by that ?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• You must still mean a lot to him. Sounds like he still wants to keep you in his life. And it's always awesome when an ex (even if she has a new boyfriend) responds positively/accordingly to flirting, but all girls are different I suppose. I have only ever been with one girl, and that was for a few months a couple of years ago but I consider myself lucky, with regards to our friendship. Since then, she has been with a few other guys, but now has settled into a serious relationship. I have been there for all of it, because I always tried my best to keep up with her, and it payed off. We can still comfortably talk about whatever, even us, and the other guys she has been with. There's no awkwardness. Sometime when she needs something, she calls me. This is what I wanted - because she means a lot to me still, and because I have kept up with her. It's up to you though, but I wouldn't assume his intentions are bad.

• Oh OK. Thanks =)

• This seems a bit naive. I'm not saying it can't happen; I have friends who are friends with many of their exes and it's truly that. But they're not touching their exes' breasts. Talk to him if you want, but don't do anything sexual with him - at all. You can call his bluff without having to do anything. When he finds out you're not easy bait, he'll likely move on.

What Guys Said 5

• Ok, that does not sound like he just wants to be your friend. Take it from a guy. He's still like you, and thinks he can get with you or try too. My suggestion would be to tell him you just want to be friends, and nothing more than that so he won't get the wrong idea. Some guys always want to be friends with their ex, to keep in touch and know everything. Others think they might still have a chance, and will say that to keep hitting on you. Plus, he told you to call him ? Does he really have a GF, or is he just trying to look like he's not desperate for you. You better watch out with him, try not to give him the wrong ideas. Specially with all that perverted communication he used with you when he saw you, and all that stuff.

• Yes, some guys want to be controlling and know everything about the exes' new guys so they can be jealous. As if they want to be happy and get laid by others but don't want her to. I still talk to my ex-fiancee occasionally, but even we don't talk about who were dating much... why is that important unless we were marrying someone else? (and even then)

• He means he's gotta keep up to date with his first girlfriend (AKA you)

And this guy sounds like a two-timing pig

Mind you, most guys don't ask to touch a girl, they just do in "the heat of the moment" so him asking implies he may be shy

If I were you, try to ignore him, and if all things hit the fan, tell his roommate/girlfreind and see how he likes being screwed around

• It means he wants to have sex with you and he probably read something in Maxim that says sex with your ex is easy to get. Do you really need to ask this about a guy who wants to be "friends" but asks to touch your breast?

• Also, I "kept up" with my first girlfriend from sixth grade. That encompassed a couple friendly messages on Myspace, not touching each others' personal areas or lots of ongoing conversations.

• I think he got a case of ex-boyfriend blues when he saw you. Meaning you had a deeply intimate relationship and there will always be a piece of you in his heart. But I think you did the right thing to not act like a sket and let him feel you up like that...if he has a girlfriend then what the hell?

• he was just trying to flirt wid u

thot if you cud come into his words and giv yourself to him again

he has a girlfriend and you know still wanna try you out

he cud also hav a strained relationship with his girlfriend so thot of patching uyp wid you also

What Girls Said 5

• That was so wrong in so many levels. First, if a guy really wants you back he is not going to ask you if he can touch your breast after not seeing you for so long. Second, avoiding the fact that he lives with his girlfriend. Third, if he is doing that kind of behavior behind his girlfriend's back, what makes you think he will not do that to you if you were to be his girlfriend? I would hate to be that girl...I would not call him if I were you. That is a free ticket to drama and I'm sure you do not want nor deserve that!

• It means he's a deuche and wants to have sex with you again, while he's in a relationship and living with someone else. I wouldn't advise you to call him.

• He wanted some action from you but didn't get it from that night. So he wants it again. Or his relationship is falling apart, and come on, sees his first and those feelings come back. Maybe wants to give it another chance.

• There are no feelings. If I wanted to re-kindle a relationship (which most advise against doing), I would have a nice talk with the girl. I wouldn't want to have sex with her immediately. Then again, I'm actually looking for an LTR and not just an easy lay. You can tell the difference.

• HMMM... WELL I PERSONALLY LOVE BEING FRIENDS WITH MY X'S BECAUSE I ONCE LOVED THEM AND THAT LOVE TURNED INTO A FRIENDLY LOVE.

BUT YEAH SO HIM TRYING TO TOUCH UR PRETTIES ISNT COOL... WHAT IVE LEARNED IS THAT IF THEY DO THAT WHEN THERE IN A RELATIONSHIP THEYLL DO IT TO U. A NO BUENO.

IF UR NOT INTO HIM LIKE THAT THEN MIGHT AS WELL BE FRIENDS CUZ HELL ALWAYS HAVE UR BACK ESPECIALLY IF HE TOOK UR V-CARD... BUT... IF HE CANT GET OVER TOUCHING You THEN I BELIEVE You HAVE TO DRAW A LINE.

• wow if he asked to touch your boob that's a red flag immediately he's a douche