Pretend like it doesn't bother me?

My boyfriend and I broke up October 18, and people are telling me that if I pretend like it doesn't bother me he will want me back. Is it true if I pretend like it doesn't bother me, he will most likely want me back?

It was mutual, and he says he wants to be with me but he doesn't know, and I asked him if any part of him wanted to be with me and he said he does but not right now, we will see how it goes. And I got mad at him Thursday night on the phone because I told
him I shouldn't be the only one making an effort to talk, so Friday, he was by my 3rd period French class and he was trying to "read" what was on the wall in the hallway, and it was all in french and he doesn't like to read,
and he saw me and came up to me and started to talk to me about what he made in his science class, and I didn't really care and I just touched it and said cool and he smiled and I started to walk away and I looked back and he looked at me with the look of
"why are you leaving? I'm not done talking to you" and 5th period passing period he walked toward me to his class and said something to me and I didn't care and that was the last time I talked to him since that Friday at school/ October 29th.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• You are still so young... Why not find hobbies to enjoy or make new friends? Enjoy life, it's too short for games. You'll be so much more happier than wasting time on a guy. If he likes you, it doesn't matter what you do, he'll always be there. I know it feels sucky now but don't just "pretend" it doesn't bother you. You gotta find an activity in which you feel passionate about.

What Guys Said 1

• Only maybe if he dumped you?

• It was kind of mutual. He is acting like he doesn't care and I don't know what to do and everyone keeps telling me to act like I don't care and it will make him want me back.

• There's no guarantees, but being up his butt will def NOT help your cause. I'd follow your friend's advice and know that this is your best chance. However, keep in mind it may not work.

• Alright, well thanks. People told me to act like he is the last thing on my mind and not notice him because most likely he will come back. That most guys do depends on the girl. Ya know?

What Girls Said 2

• If he broke up with you because he no longer has feelings for you then nothing you do will make him come back. Don't go to him begging and pleading because that won't help either. Make sure you let your feelings out, but to your close friends not to the boy. If he really likes you then he'll come back, but you can't make him. Don't stress it because boys aren't worth it.

• I think that is usually true. Do you really want him if you have to play games to get him back?