Should I follow my heart or just let it go?

my boyfriend broke up with me for the second time. I still love him...it's been about a month now, but I know he doesn't deserve me. he tried coming back, but I was strong and didn't give in, but pretending 2 b strong is wearing down, and I'm so hurt and alone, but I don't want 2 be with anyone else, I have no moral support from any of my supposed girlfriends ,and the guys in my town are creeps...i don't know if I'm doing the right thing anymore because it hurts so much inside and I'm falling apart on the outside. I'm so miserable and I've lost interest in everything. I've been indulging in self destructive behaviors. I just want to b with him, but I fear that I will only end up hurting myself more in the long run...

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Far easier to go back to what's familiar than to begin anew. Why go down a constant destructive pattern? Find someone who actually loves you, and stays with you. Avoid the drama of a bad relationship. Simply put, you only convince yourself you still love him to prevent yourself from moving on, cause that would scare anyone. Fear of the unknown.

What Guys Said 3

• what was the reason of your breakup.? sometime we just think too much of our side of story. its not nessesary that each breakup happen for the same reason that one partner love other and other dont. It could be that he also loved you the way you are but your expectation and his may be diferent. He might be looking something else form this relationship then you. No 2 people can be alike. I think its all about give and take , adjustment and understanding.

Not nessesary that you had 2 break up that means he is a complete asshole. if you guys can get back twice that means there is a potential of forgiveness and will to work.

I am in a worst breakup and don't want to go back but if that would not be becouse of her constant lieing and cheating but for some simple diference of thought t hen I would definately try to get back.

Base on these lines if you think that the breakup is not lieing, cheating or risky beahvior like physical abuse or something, then I think you can always sincerely try to get back. how? well we all can suggest you million ways.

• Please give me all of the suggestions that you like. Thank you so much everyone who has responded.......You are the Best!xoxoxo

• Have you considered a therapist that can help you face what's under that emptiness? Often breakups are a time when you are in touch with your insecurities and loneliness and past wounds and can be a great strengthening experience if you get the proper support through it. It sounds like your friends aren't able to support you through this, and it is hard to go through alone. But a therapist might be a better option than friends anyway as they may be able to truly help you solve issues rather than just cheer you up or distract you.

• yep yep,take up the hobbies You had before Him, and move on from there..

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes the hardest thing to do is let go, but at the sametime it can be the best. Of course, though when you love someone you don't want to let them go and they are the only people you can see yourself with. You need to just walk away from him and don't turn back. If he keeps breaking up with you and you keep going back, he's going to keep doing the samething because he knows he can. Give it some time. Don't call or speak to him and try to have little to no contact with him at all. If after another month you really can't deal with being away from him then maybe you should go back. But until then have fun being SINGLE..?