She says she still loves me yet wants to break up. Any tips on getting over this?

I have been in a long distance relationship for a while with the most amazing girl I could have ever imagined being with. We were doing amazing. Untill she canceled our holiday to Malta, because she didn't have enough money to pay for it since she was going to University.

So I offered to pay. She still declined and we got into a sort of fight. Which was absolutely my fault, I overreacted because I was super bummed that we weren't going anymore.

But before this actually happened we celebrated our anniversary. And she wasn't bothered by anything. And suddenly out of nowhere she wants to break up. Because she is going to be busy for the next 3 years with Uni and I told her I would wait patiently. But she doesn't want me to.

Later I asked "Do you still love me?" and she said "Yes, but not enough to make you waste your life". And after that she said "I don't want to break up either. But it's necessary."

I have been feeling like shit for days now. Because somewhere in my mind I am thinking she is coming back because she still loves me. So every time I hear my phone go off I think its her. It's driving me crazy. I can't sleep anymore because I keep thinking about the reason why she broke up.

Does anyone have any experience with this? And is able to give me tips on how to get over it? Thanks.
0
1