Guys, was he breaking up with me? Or is it commitment issues?

Guys, Imma need for you to interpret something for me. I’ve been dating this guy for 8 months. Everything was fine and than a week ago he stop texting/talking to me. I tried to reach out to him but he was not responding. Pretty much 2 days later I was able to reach him on fb messenger. He told me he was feeling down cuz he felt like his life was going in a loop; and have been keeping to himself. He said he’s been applying for jobs and felt some way about us. He said he really like me and that he felt like he move too fast with me; and that he feel like he may need to start over with me. And that he did miss me. We didn’t talk much but here and there he will write me on Snapchat or Messenger about something I posted or shared something funny with me. Eventually I message him and ask him can we talk on the phone so I can know where our relationship stand, he read my message but never reply. So I wrote him the next day asking “So you don’t wanna talk on the phone?” He still didn’t reply so I left him an audio telling him that I am done. I know he heard the message. Then I unfriend him on all of my social media. Its been 2 days since I broken up with him and he didn’t bother to reach out. Guys can you help me understand what happen from a guys point of view?
2