Why does my ex want to start talking again?

We dated for about 2 and a half years. After the sudden death of a close mutual friend (he was the person who introduced us) we started to have some issues, we were both very upset and dealing with it in our own ways so I don't blame her at all for those issues, and when she said she wanted to take a break from the relationship, that she needed some time to process things, I gave her space. I would text occasionally to make sure she was doing OK but avoided making her talk about us.

After about a week of our "break" I bumped into her on the subway, with a guy, very clearly on a date. After talking to her I found out she had been seeing the guy for like 2 months behind my back. So I was obviously hurt and honestly pretty pissed. We broke up and haven't spoken since (this was almost 3 months ago).

She suddenly started texting me again saying she wants us to go back to being friends like before we dated. As far as I know she's still with the same guy (I haven't asked her, but was told by some friends). So I'm not sure how to take it?

I don't still have feelings for her at all, and I'm not particularly still angry but a part of me feels like it's really weird that she wants to hang out again. I don't want to be a dick and tell her I don't want to be around her, but so far when we've hung out it's been kind of awkward. I can't help but wonder if she's after something specific or if it seems totally normal for her to want us to be friendly again.

So thoughts?
Why does my ex want to start talking again?
Add Opinion