Why does my ex want to start talking again?

We dated for about 2 and a half years. After the sudden death of a close mutual friend (he was the person who introduced us) we started to have some issues, we were both very upset and dealing with it in our own ways so I don't blame her at all for those issues, and when she said she wanted to take a break from the relationship, that she needed some time to process things, I gave her space. I would text occasionally to make sure she was doing OK but avoided making her talk about us.

After about a week of our "break" I bumped into her on the subway, with a guy, very clearly on a date. After talking to her I found out she had been seeing the guy for like 2 months behind my back. So I was obviously hurt and honestly pretty pissed. We broke up and haven't spoken since (this was almost 3 months ago).

She suddenly started texting me again saying she wants us to go back to being friends like before we dated. As far as I know she's still with the same guy (I haven't asked her, but was told by some friends). So I'm not sure how to take it?

I don't still have feelings for her at all, and I'm not particularly still angry but a part of me feels like it's really weird that she wants to hang out again. I don't want to be a dick and tell her I don't want to be around her, but so far when we've hung out it's been kind of awkward. I can't help but wonder if she's after something specific or if it seems totally normal for her to want us to be friendly again.

So thoughts?
3
1