Why does my ex respond to my texts, but avoids talking on the phone or meeting in person?

My ex and I broke up, she ended things. The break up wasn't ugly, and we agreed we didn't wanna remove each other from our lives. Her friend told me the break up wasn't easy for her and she was upset about doing it, but that she's very confused with her life right now. That was her reasoning behind the break up. However, since the break up she broke our plans to meet up one night-- ghosted me when I asked her when she wanted to meet up. If I call her she won't pick up, but will text me immediately after, and if we're in the middle of texting and I ask if I can call her she gives some excuse (I'm with my sister, I'm at the nail salon, etc) She has "liked" things I post on social media, asked mutual friends how I'm doing, told them she's not "talking" to anyone, and when we text she shows interest in what I'm doing and is talkative about what she's been up to. Why is she avoiding meeting in person and talking on the phone? Why the mixed signals?
2
0