What is to blame for the abysmal divorce rate?

• Feminism
    Vote A
  • Legal System
    Vote B
  • Decay of Morals
    Vote C
  • Selfishness
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a lot of people espicially women are more worried about the wedding rather than the actual marraige so they get engaged and of course she has to have a big expensive ring that he can barely afford, then they spend 10 years working hard and saving for a big wedding day, then after the honey it's back to reality and the find themselves paying off huge wedding debt, they likely have student loan debt, they have a mortgage to pay so they spend most of their time working to pay those debts and rarely see each other, then kids come a long. Eventually they grow apart. Also I think a lot of people are very self centred these days and are very quick to run off with someone else the first opportunity they get. Unfortunately most divorces are instigated by women. So many divorced men thought everything was ok in their marraige until they were handed the divorce papers. I guess a lot of women see divorce as a way to start a new exciting life while still keeping their kids and still being supported finacially by their ex husband's through alimony and child support.

0|2
    0|0
    • Wow! That graphic is amazing and between it and your text you've pretty much totally captured the last 6 years of my older kids lives! That you're so insightful leads me to think that you have experienced it. I feel sorry for your pain, but you've remembered the most important thing - dad will always be there for you... :)

• Amazing to see a woman who admits this. Thank you. I think you are a great person.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a divorcee I have to say I think it's a combination. I think it would be a bit misogynistic to blame feminism. Ultimately she could still be a feminist and be satisfied in her marriage... I think in some ways there are aspects of the legal system that don't help but again I doubt whether someone would get divorced simply because they think they'll be better off as a single parent - divorce is a bit like financial suicide... Decay of morals? Maybe more that than any of the others. After all the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Nowadays divorce is not unusual and relationships seem to be viewed as a more fluid temporary arrangement than before. If anyone does critise your choice to divorce you can always imply your ex was unfaithful or domestically abusive etc etc... Selfishness is I believe the biggest factor today.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 14

• And why you care what other people do in their life?

1|0
    0|1
  • I suppose legal system is the best answer - the truth is it's just easier to leave an unhealthy relationship. It used to be if you were miserable you had to stay that way until one of you died.

0|1
    0|0
  • Divorce isn't a crime. Nobody is to be blamed. People making their own choices are to be credited for their luck/life/fortune.

Although , if you are looking to blame someone, then you need to add one more option of " Adults not fully grown up" which would explain all other options.

0|0
    0|0
  • simple the modern societal views on marriage. Nowadays it is something to "try" where as traditionally you married someone you loved and that was that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Selfishness. Selfish people ruin and hurt others directly or indirectly.

It destroys everything because selfish people have little to no empathy for others at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • The decline of our civilization and our inability to learn from the past.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because you won't me a shunned by everyone for doing it. Why should you stay with someone who makes you miserable?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's 100% the legal system and how it entices + encourages women to divorce rape men and practice hypergamy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Easier to file for divorce. Morally acceptable too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that cause A B and D are all caused by decay of morals so i pick C

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares, it's none of my business

0|0
    0|1
  • Femenists. Simple

0|0
    0|0
  • E. All of the Above

0|0
    0|0
  • The fact that now women don't have to stay married to the same dickhead sexist piece of shit for the rest of her life anymore... They can actually break up and find a better guy!

0|2
    0|1

Recommended myTakes