Why does my ex boyfriend suddenly think I’m cocky and arrogant?

my ex and I have been doing this on and off thing for almost 2 years. our most recent argument was centered around this girl he picked up on the rebound who was like stalking me on social media and felt the need to text him and complain about me. nonetheless, he ended up becoming distant because I didn’t understand why she would even feel comfortable enough to say anything about me to him if he wasn’t still dealing with her so I told him that they could have each other. he then told me he hates talking to me because I think I’m better than what I am and I’m not that pretty or all that, when I never believed I came off that way, he actually makes me feel like dirt and I tell him this all of the time. the only time I’ve ever said I was better than anything was in reference to the way he treats me and the women he has cheated on me and left me for (which was about like 5-6 times.) but why am I suddenly cocky and arrogant all of the sudden? as of lately, that’s all he says about me. nothing good, which he never does, but that I think I’m better than everyone. someone please explain this to me. SN: I definitely DO NOT think I’m better than anyone or anything. I’m not perfect and I have my flaws too.
0
1