What's the best way to suggest getting back together, with my goodfriend/ex?

My ex and I broke up about three months ago. It wasn't a terrible break up. We spend a month without talking, but now that we are back at school we've become friends again. (He was one of my best friends before we dated). We aren't as good of friends as before, and probably never will be after dating. When we met up again for one of the first times after the breakup, I told him I thought we shouldn't get back together. And I meant it then. I thought it would be a bad idea. And I'm pretty sure he felt the same way.

But, now I'm starting to feel differently. I know he still has some feelings for me. And I still have feelings for him. We both say we aren't seeing other people, and that we don't even want to be with anyone right now. I feel like we both want to be together, but fear it won't work out.

One of the reasons he broke up with me was because he felt like he wasn't ready to be in a relationship, and didn't want to screw things up between us really bad and loose me forever... since we were such good friends.

I feel like we could actual make it work again. But I really don't know how he feels. And I don't want to make a fool of myself and potentially damage all of the progress we've made on becoming friends again.

How can I go about suggesting this? Or should I not do it at all?

Pleaseeee help :)

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn, I've been in a situation like this before.

The best thing to do is to continue testing out the waters for awhile. Keep hanging out and talking as you are now. You're right, don't damage the progress you've made just yet. If you continue as you are now, eventually you'll notice changes in his behavior. Look for signs of him acting like he used to when you first started dating. Look for flirtatiousness and requests to hang out with you one on one. Those are the signs that he'll be ready to try something again.

But if he continues to be simply buddy-buddy with you, I wouldn't tell him how you feel just yet. Just let that friendship bloom, get to know him as much as you can AS A CLOSE FRIEND, and if it's meant to be- it will be.

You said the friendship isn't all up to par with how it used to be. Your goal should be to get it back to that level, and THEN pursue the romance with him again. Just gotta test the waters.

Best of luck to you!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• just let it lay if both of you want to be together then it will happen if not then its not ment to be. you can't make someone get with you

• say, "how would you feel about getting back together." Done