What are the biggest causes of relationship breakers?

What do you think are the biggest killers of relationships?
and why?
  • Money issues
  • friends and family issues
  • differences in hobbies/lifestyle issues
    Vote C
  • bad communication issues/other
    Vote D

1113

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Taking someone for granted, stop paying attention or talking with partner like talking with idiot.

What Guys Said 12

• I think it's mostly that one wants to better themself while the other stays a child but both are wrong. in a relationship 2 fall in love so something made you notice each other good enough to be together so instead of changing the other try talking and you will see that the changes made will be by both. always communicate they don't make mind reading pills

• have you been through this before? Is that why you mentioned that specifically?
      I feel like, one might "dehumanize" or create an illusion that the other is not "good" enough in some way along the relationship as it gets to a lull as time passes... when this happens then that person will start to devalue the other person more and more causing the other person to eventually not feel like they are getting their needs met and go cheat or what not. one is bettering themselves while the other stays a child... the one that is bettering themselves should love the child and help them to become an adult as well, but some times they just complain, and then dehumanize and attack. That's the problem.

• None of the above
    It is getting the wrong idea of relationship thinking that it will look all pitch perfect without effort ( 200% effort), compromise and sacrifice and understand the other needs and stop being selfish and thinking in corporative manner to make something out of it and move towards a common goal.

• Everyone knows that no relationship is perfect, but would you date/stay with someone if they were, say, a compulsive liar? (Total deal breaker in my mind )

• So you would consider a relationship with this person and stay with her if she consistently broke your trust, lying to you about herself, others, and what she does throughout the day? You would put up with lying on a daily, hell, even hourly basis?

• Nope never cuz I value trust a lot

• I think 75% of all issues stem from poor communication

• Communication, especially hiding of truth and honest conversations and planning

• you didn't add the Cheaters option, pretty sure that's why a lot of relationships end

• no, people cheat after there was bad communication or other factors and they use cheating as a way to respond to the problems that they can't fix

• or they are cheaters from the start of that relationship lol because some people are like that

• People do things to help themselves feel better about themselves, they just have no other way of dealing with their problems. I know because my sister is a habitual cheater. She just has low self esteem and doesn't know how to make herself feel better after a fight or what not... so she cheats

• Feminism

• hahahahahah lol. Actually my husband's ex is a feminist. She thinks guys just want to use girls for sex and don't really care for girl's feelings. She is now a guy who dates girls...

• Other people

• Infidelity

• When women choose to never be satisfied

• That can go both ways. I read a story where the wife did everything and the husband was never satisfied so he cheated on her. When they went to counseling he complained that he had to close the shampoo bottle... and that she wasn't doing enough. They divorced. She got all the kids.

• No sex

• At least in most of the cases I have heard of.

• First food then sex

What Girls Said 10

• I think the bad communication option can cover all the points above. Communication is key to a healthy and long-lasting relationship. It could fix how someone views the family life, drastic hobby differences and economic issues.

• Immaturity. Like when girls want their bfs to be all their emotional support and get mad about it or when guys refuse to acknowledge their girlfriends hurt feelings as "valid" and they put them down in the relationship. This is for less mature relationships.

• Always money. Id bank most people who have been married for a long period of time and divorced would vote money. Its a greater indicator of other things too. Like when you dont agree one party always lies to the other. One party always nags the other. There you go. Communication and lying, because of money.

• interesting that you would think most people who have been married for a long time would choose money and I think money is a top reason why people divorce as well. This would be remedied if only more people educated themselves about finances, budgets and savings and investments. That would be the solution is to talk about it more and then just be on the same page.

• Lack of communication, lack of compromise when it comes to sex and different financial motives/styles are the three biggest issues I’ve noticed

• Lack of sex, no communication

• Lack of empathy and respect

• Communication across all subjects.

• Really could be all the above

• Cheating

• no, honestly I think cheating is the reaction to the issue that couldn't have been resolved. I know of a girl who her husband cheated on her because she was always angry at him for not having enough money or helping enough around the house. She was treating him like wasn't enough so he cheated on her. It was a communication problem, it was a lifestyle problem... it was something else that lead him to cheat on her.

• Most issues can be fixed with good communication, in my opinion. Minus cheating or major fundamental personality differences. Otherwise, people need to communicate with those they love.