Breaking up because I touched his phone?

We were joking and I said I was going to call his sister while making a joke. His phone was next to me and picked it up. He was about 8 feet away from me. Flew from where he was and took his phone. I was joking of course and he proceeded to check his phone. I asked him if he had anything to hide. He ignored me I got p*ssed and walked away. We broke up because of this. If guys do not have anything to hide then would you still act like that? From a guys perspective (girls too of course), did it look like he was hiding something?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• Oooooo...yeah...sounds like he was definitely hiding something that would cause a major conflict between the two of you. You should be happy that it's done. He just ended things early which is good for you!:)

What Guys Said 5

• He had something to hide. I have let any girl I dated look at my phone whenever, hell they can even use it to place a call if they want. Though one of my ex's used to get upset if I even sat near her unattended phone. I found out later she had texts and texted another guy about how she wanted to do it with him, and later they hooked up... It's one thing if you demand to see the phone, or even read their texts, but if they have a psycho billy freak out when you even touch it then they have something they want to hide from you.

• Thank you for your comment! Yeah I am at a point where I do not care if a guy wants to go through my phone. I am done with those kind of games. You got your answer with that girl. It is amazing how the truth comes out eventually....

• It sure does! Just wish I could have gotten out of it earlier then I did.

• he is hiding...and he is definately hiding something which may have p*ssed you off if you know about it.

There is no other reason for that specially when you mentioned you guys are in the range of 30-35. that's too old to be just p*ssing on something like touching a cell for possible scratches.

• Lol, thank you for calling me old! Just kidding.... on a serious note though you are right. He is pretty old to be acting that way. I mean you get to the point where this kind of crap does not exist anymore and you want a partner and a peaceful life. Drama should not be happening at this stage of our lives. Anyway, most of the comments have confirmed my intuition. I appreciate your comment! :)

• Yeah def sounds like he's hiding something. Why else would he fly across the room to grab it? Then act like YOURE the one who's wrong for touching it. Trying to shift blame. He was hiding something.

• I f***ing hate when girls do this. It annoys me beyond belief how girls want to go through your phone. Your not original, all women do this and it p*sses guys off, go take care of your insecurity

• Woah! I was not planning or trying to go through his phone I touched it I honestly did not want to do that. I am older and know better at this point. It was not like I was asking him to show me his friends or anything like that. It also was not coming from an insecurity because I did not have a problem in the first place.

• Bullsh*t

• Short answer: Yeah he was hiding something.

Slightly longer answer: He's a prick, and he practically did you a favor. Move on. :)

• So you are saying that if a guy did not have anything to hide he would care less if the girl touches his phone? or is it something that a guy just simply does not want touched period?

• Does it matter? He got p*ssed either way and broke up with you. He's an idiot.

• I guess it does not matter..... I just thought that maybe there are guys out there that do not care about that kind of stuff anymore..... I mean you get to a certain age that you do not have anything to hide and rather be honest and open about little stuff like this....

What Girls Said 2

• Jeesh, talk about over reaction. This guy either has something to hide or is like psycho. I'd say good riddens to him.

• Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate your input. It is amazing how your intuition can tell you what is real. I am at a point in my life that this crap should not be happening. But hey, Karma is a b*tch so good luck to him! :)

• seem to me like he's either hiding something or he's a total creeper that loves his phone more than he loves pussy.