Ex who got me while pregnant and left me came back to me, should I take him back?

Long story short, he was the guy of my dreams since high school while I had been the nerdy girl guys like him would never notice, but I got to know him tutoring him in college, and after a few months he got me pregnant and left me when I refused to abort my child.
I had to drop out of school to work as a waitress as my family had kicked me out because of it, and I managed to still raise my child for several years alone before I received a call one day from him. I naturally allowed him into my life again, and even let him meet his son against everyone's advice.
It all made sense to me, as he was much more successful than me financially and had no other reason to return to me than love, until an ex lover of his contacted me.
Apparently he was cheating on another girl with her, and when she found out she kicked him in his groin so hard that he became unable to have children.
As a result, he was only with me because the only child he would ever have was mine.
Despite knowing this, he has been kind to us and the child has taken a liking to him, should I continue allowing him to be part of the family I built on my own, or should I confront him with this knowledge to verify it?

73

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow if your family kicked you out that's not right, That caused you to drop out of school, no i wouldn't take him back but he would still have to take care of his child and pay child support.

• He wants to marry me, now

• yet he was cheating and got what he deserved. How do you know he is not going to cheat on you again?

Most Helpful Girl

• Him losing the ability to reproduce doesn't mean he loses his ability to cheat. You already lost everything for him , and you could lose more in the future. I really hope that you go see a therapist working on issues bc this level is too much.

• Learn to love yourself. And talk about other stuff

• (I tried to contact her again, but she hung up on me repeatedly. He has also showed me the hospital report post trauma detailing his injuries (I am not entirely comfortable going into the details), as well as a report on his subsequent semen samples)

• I thought about it. I mean everyone deserves a second chance but it's unhealthy how you depend on him emotionally. I think you can give him another chance , But be prepared and think about what to do if he leaves / cheats again.