My girlfriend cheated on me then lied about it until she got caught, should I take her back if she’s genuine?

My girlfriend (ex now) & I were dating for about 4 months. Things between us were great! We connected well, our communication was strong, & we’d have interesting conversations. I courted her properly, or at least I had thought when about the second month of our relationship she recommended things started to change. She expressed her issues stating that she wanted to go on more dates with me and not make herself so available to me. She told me that she wanted to ‘date’ me, which I indeed saw no problem of any sort when she was saying this & addressing her issues to me. After a few days I proactively took action and started on a funful date with her. I intended on taking her on more dates in the near future for sure! A week went by & I brought up a family diner that I wanted her to attend, but she subliminally rejected my offer more than once the day of. She was trying desperately to get in contact with me later that day, however I took a 5 hour nap & missed most of her calls. Later that night I woke up to her calling me while mad. She told me that she needed some “me time” & she was going to hang out with her friends during 12:00 am. I didn’t think too much of it because we had spoke before she left. I found out that she cheated on me with her ex that night & lied about it. She didn’t confess of her infidelity until after I found out myself. I broke up with her immediately for my own respect, however I still want her back. She tells me that she does not want anything to do with her ex & she has cut off all communication with him. She also says she is willing to do whatever it takes to rebuild our trust the way it was in the beginning. I would love to make this work, but I don’t know if I can fully trust everything at this point.

What should I do, any suggestions?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I wouldn't. People who cheat are weak. They have no self-control over their desires and emotions. She's now shown you what her potential is with you in the future. After trust is broken , I don't believe it can ever be regained or rebuilt with the person who broke it. How can you trust someone who has already given you one good reason why they can't be trusted? It'll only work if you can trust her , without any doubts, and put her betrayal behind you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• You did right by droping her, dont go back to that at all, she did it once in the shadows ask your self how many times she cheated and did get away with it...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE