Is this sexist or racist?

My parents have divorced when I was 10. My mom has taken my dad to court plenty of times. My dad has to pay for child support because he makes more money than her. However, he also lives in a city that is a lot more expensive to live in. The Court system has always sided with my mom. She is white and my dad is black. I'm 21 now and my mom still takes him to court often. I feel the court system is way too easy to be manipulated by women. I find it kinda ironic because my mom is the one who doesn't respect the law. She only uses the law when it's convenient.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Should your father not contribute to his children's living expenses? I agree systems in western countries tend to side with the woman and that's not always correct but he is still responsible for the offspring he created

2|0
    0|0
    • The mother isn't contributing at all.

• Show All
    • I think it's sexist because there automatically backing your mother against your father without taking age and financial circumstances into account of course I don't know the ins and outs but certainly not the first time i've heard of systems being abused

• Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Guy

• Divorced guy here. The court almost always sides with the person who has custody of the kids, and this is most often the mom.

> I feel the court system is way too easy to be manipulated by women.

I think so too. But another major problem is most states have no upper limit on child support. My CS was 25% of my net income. Who can afford that?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I can't inherently say it's either without having been present at the court proceedings and seeing the arguments/evidence. I'd need a ton of details to make an accurate conclusion.

0|0
    0|0
  • 9 times out of ten rights always go to the mother custody finance etc

0|0
    0|0
  • The divorce court system always favors the mother of the child.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should thank him for continuing to pay for your child support.

0|0
    0|0
    • I do. I just think it's horrible that my mom abuses the court system just to hurt my dad. It's very unhealthy for me and my siblings because we witness that.

• Show All
    • I'd like to know why she can sue on behalf of you when you're of legal age.

• It's not on behalf of me. She's just trying to squeeze as much money she can out of my dad.

• It's more likely sexism than racism.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't think so

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s clearly both

0|0
    0|0
  • sexist. courts usually side with women.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not racist but it's sexist

0|0
    0|0
  • Sexist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol prob sexist and racist on the courts behalf. But also, your dad needs to pay child support since he ain't doing nothing else for y'all

0|0
    0|0
  • Both plus abusive

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• she is looking after you so thats no to sexism and while in court your dad will have had opportunity to submit his own living costs against his declared income. as for racism i dont even know where you would think it was racist. its about the two people that made you taking responsibility for the life they created and really the should have realised that and came to an arrangement without the courts

1|0
    0|0
  • You are the reason why she wins because she looks after you , child support, He is responsible for your welfare. It wouldn't matter what colour you are you would get the same response. Maybe if your mother talked to him rather spending time and money in court life would be better...

0|0
    0|0
  • DePeNdS.
    It really depends on what you dad has done.
    ((EXAMPLE:)) Let's say he would have killed someone. Then it'd be totally justified.
    ((EXAMPLE2:)) Let's say he has nothing done. Then he isn't guilty and either everyone just thinks that he's a criminal or some of them are at least a little bit racist. But it doesn't need to be racism. It could be anything else too.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not racist. The laws are the laws whether you’re black, white or anything else. Women do better in the system than men. Your example, custody laws they do better in, and they receive more lenient sentences for the same crime a man commits. So it’s not racism, it’s sexism.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its known that the court system seems to favor women over men in these cases more often than not. It had nothing to do with race.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's more likely sexist, because traditionally the mother takes the homemaker role.

1|0
    0|0
  • About child support, the courts side with the kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Institutionally sexist, not racist.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sexist

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not racist, but it's sexist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    1|0
  • Sexist

0|0
    0|0
  • That's sexism, and that's exactly how the court system works in domestic disputes 99% of the time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes