Is this sexist or racist?

My parents have divorced when I was 10. My mom has taken my dad to court plenty of times. My dad has to pay for child support because he makes more money than her. However, he also lives in a city that is a lot more expensive to live in. The Court system has always sided with my mom. She is white and my dad is black. I'm 21 now and my mom still takes him to court often. I feel the court system is way too easy to be manipulated by women. I find it kinda ironic because my mom is the one who doesn't respect the law. She only uses the law when it's convenient.

1314

Most Helpful Girl

• Should your father not contribute to his children's living expenses? I agree systems in western countries tend to side with the woman and that's not always correct but he is still responsible for the offspring he created

• The mother isn't contributing at all.

• I think it's sexist because there automatically backing your mother against your father without taking age and financial circumstances into account of course I don't know the ins and outs but certainly not the first time i've heard of systems being abused

• Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Guy

• Divorced guy here. The court almost always sides with the person who has custody of the kids, and this is most often the mom.

> I feel the court system is way too easy to be manipulated by women.

I think so too. But another major problem is most states have no upper limit on child support. My CS was 25% of my net income. Who can afford that?