Has Anyone Never Spoken To Their Ex Again? Or How Would You Feel About That?

People usually say after a breakup, one seeks reconciliation or at least some sort of contact, whether it's been weeks or months after they've split.

But has anyone here experienced where they never spoke to their ex again, or sent a message and got ignored ever since?

If not, how would you feel if you never heard from your ex again?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 7 months ago I broke up with my ex, and kicked her out of my apartment. I haven't spoken to her since, and don't plan on it. I think exes should remain such. And I find no contact (depending on the circumstances surrounding the break up) is best in an effort to move forward with your life. Not out of spite, but simply for the purposes of growth. In other words, making your growth a priority, sometimes means leaving your past, in the past.

4|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have had breakups that we talked and I have had two where we never spoke again. One I was ghosted and the other was my choice to ignore the asshole who cheated on me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Did it take you a long time to get over the one who ghosted you?

• Mixed feelings about that. Getting over the person wasn't hard but getting through the thoughts that I wasn't even worth being told the other person didn't want to see me any more was tough.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• I speak with one ex probably once every few years. Luckily, I haven't seen her, in spite of us both living in the same area. I'm civil; I cared about her family a bit, so I'm curious to see how they're doing. I wish her luck. It's quick small talk (How are you? How's your family? Are you working? That sort of thing), and that's it. I wouldn't be rude or nasty, but I wouldn't spend time with her, either.

But I don't seek her out, or initiate anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a no contact for six months rule
    It really helps

Most of my exes I don't talk to anymore

Those that I do
    we have a pretty deep friendship that occasionally includes hook ups when single

Which is nice

I don't know I find most everyone I've dated in my Twenties came back around in my early thirties lol
    Most I didn't contact back

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex girlfriend and I broke up a while back, we tried to be friends but i guess it didn't really work out and she moved away and didn't tell me, we haven't spoken in almost a year... I wish she would have at least said goodbye because we were really good friends before we dated...

1|0
    0|0
  • I cut all communication. You can't heal if you keep opening the wound. I have a never give up mentality so I'm sure that I am the only one who feels sadness.

1|1
    0|0
  • There is a few Xs I have not heard from again. They didn't matter that much to bug me they never text or talked to me after and I didn't text or talk to them.
    Then there are a few that I have kept in touch with and we are friends.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would speak to my x whether she was a friend or a girlfriend but if she refused to talk to me I would accept it can't really force contact with someone who feels uncomfortable around you.

2|0
    0|0
  • I am good friends with all my ex’s but they know if they try to do any funny business I’m cutting them out and they should do the same to me but all of them are pretty mature...

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't heard from mine in nearly 3 years. I'm at a point that I'm beyond her, so it doesn't really bother me.

1|0
    0|0
  • After a breakup, I completely end all forms of communication. It doesn't necessarily mean that I hate my ex. I just find it easier to move on once I decide to do that.

Whenever I've been broken up with, I made it very clear that I don't play around. When it's through, it's through in every single way. Here's why:

If you're breaking up with me for a stupid reason and you refuse to fight for the relationship or work it through, then good riddance; you're a dumbass.

If there is a reasonable and legit reason, then we're not really meant to be together, so goodbye and good luck to you in your life. If the relationship harms me, then you're doing me a favor, and vice versa; if the relationship is harming you, then you're doing the right thing.

1|1
    0|0
  • I split from ex at end of Feb. There were some extenuating circumstances, but last contact was mid march. I've deleted all contact details and messages, i have no intention on speaking to her again. I don't expect to hear from her again.
    I have nothing more constructive to say to her, I have a lot of hurtful things i could say. It's best if we just don't meet again ( not an issue for the most part. Met through neutral friends, paths don't need to cross. The only time will be some kind of party friends hold (I was best man at thier wedding, ex was maid of honour))

1|0
    0|0
  • My first love was quite rough. She told her mother I did things I didn’t do, but said she still loved me. Then she blocked me from everything. That was a bit over two years ago and I still have hopes to speak to her again. I feel nasty, simply terrible about it. But people do say you never forget your first love, regardless of how it ended. My girlfriend doesn’t know this, and it would tear her apart. She and I have both loved somebody before each other, but that’s it. It’s rough, but that’s the only relationship I’ve wanted to speak to after the end.

1|0
    0|0
  • I talk to my "ex" a lot. I think if you can somehow get over the past and see if they change in a good way, it is possible to talk to them. And it's ok. My "ex" and I are like brother and sister.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried to talk with her after break up, because she given me jerk by suddenly ending up. The more i try to talk with her, the more she became malign and defamed me in public

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends on how they broke up, if it was civil, you can keep in touch, if bad breakup I would say no

1|0
    0|0
  • I did and it was quite awkward moment because that connection was lost between us she did talk but it was not a good meeting

1|0
    0|0
  • I lost contact with my ex... but I kinda want to hear from her again, I guess cause she was my first girlfriend

1|0
    0|0
  • I was invited and went to an ex's wedding and it was a blast seeing her again and catching up with her family. There are also ex's I'd skip town to avoid seeing again.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's great not having to speak with my exes, they're both fucking psychos

1|0
    0|0
  • It kills the pain I had be ignored from a longest period

1|0
    0|0
  • i still talk to one of my exes once in a while, it's kinda awkward though

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• Yes I did I had to cut my ex off because I cared about him so much more than he cared about me. We broke up cause he cheated and he apologized but I never responded. I needed the time to get over him and just time for myself. Honestly I am so happy I did that cause now I can move on and I honestly would not care at all if we never spoke again, really I’d hope we never speak again.

2|0
    0|0
  • My ex was ignoring me towards the end of our relationship. So I texted him saying "well I'm so used to you not being there you might as well not be!" And never talked since. Not really bothered by it. I had other hobbies and people who could be arsed to contact me, and I was told by a friend he moved onto another girl (and probably cheated on me) before two days had gone by!

1|0
    0|0
  • There is one guy that I never spoke to again, and I avoided him when I saw him across the street. I don't want to see him. I never liked him and should never have started dating him.

I do occasionally ask his mom how he's doing but that's because I want to know if he's stopped asking for handouts from her. She's an amazing lady but she has the most hideously selfish and rude children. I'm glad I get to see her and don't have to ever see him...

1|0
    0|0
  • I Dated a guy 3 years ago we broke up, never heard from him again (except for social media) ended up seeing him again earlier this year, started talking again and eventually got together again, but we broke uo recently--same reason as before. But now he's quoting Call Out My Name by The Weeknd in his Twitter like it was my fault we broke up. Honestly I font have any problems w him it's just a whatever thing now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the ex. I have one guy I dated I never hear from and I am totally fine with it. I’m still friends with most of the men I dated in high school and college, we chat occasionally.

My daughters dad - is an abuser amd I would love to not have to talk to him again.

And, I have one ex I’m really good friends with. We talk almost every day, for hours.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually the day of my divorce with 1st husband, I have never seen or talked him. There were 2 other exes I have never seen or talked to again. I am actually happy to not hear from them, they were not the best relationships to begin with and much happy being away from them.

1|0
    0|0
  • My first love cut me off of his life right after we broke up. Even though the 13y/o me wanting to talk with him so bad, he blocked me on all social media and even he changed his phone number. Ofc I'm heart broken bc I never got the chance to at least be friends with him. But I soon realised I was dating an asshole all along so I should thank him for not talkimh with me ever again.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have not heard from my ex since the breakup, he began stalking my social media so I blocked him. I don't know why he did that if he broke up with me lol, but I didn't really care. I'm glad we broke up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I have two exes I no longer speak to. If I were to hear from either of them I’d be relieved because I could get full closure from the breakup

1|0
    0|0
  • Men are more willing to keep contact than women in my experience.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm like that. I cut myself off cold turkey. Its easier for me to deal with the pain that way. I can focus on myself more

1|0
    0|0
  • I avoid my exes. ... I regret them honestly loll. I've gotten messages previously but I choose to avoid them for my own mental health

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to not do I want them reaching out to me. I want to be left alone. I have nothing to say to them.

2|0
    0|0
  • To one of them, yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • That never happened to me.
    All my exes came back
    They either wanted to get back tgether again or just hang out as fuck buddies
    The only ex I care about is my recent ex boyfriend
    We still talk every week and hang out every week
    But lets just say if he never had contacted me after the break up, I would be upset but then time would help me move on eventually
    I would never contact an ex first though

1|0
    0|0
  • my ex and i broke up and we haven't talked since and were in the same class.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex and I were friends for a while bc he had a hard time getting over me. We got together when we were 15 and broke up when we were 22. Things didn't work out because we grew apart and hurt e. o. so we remained friends because despite hurting e. o we were good people, just wrong timing. I no longer talk to him because my boyfriend now is not okay with it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes