She had a boyfriend so I let her go.

I never had a real connection with a girl before, but the closest I got was this one girl in my class. Just by purely being myself I made her laugh so easily and got her to ask me for lunch. I mean, I couldn't believe it, it seemed like a perfect match because just by being me, she seemed to like me so much, even going as far as saying that I turned her on.

Well, it turns out she had a boyfriend. After I discovered this, I distanced myself from her for about a month because I realized that this would probably just be a losing battle. Today, I talked to her really for the first time since then---the spark wasn't there as it was then and she seemed kind of cold.

Did I do the right thing by distancing myself? I thought this could've been a great relationship and I would've gone after her if she was single, but she wasn't so I wanted to spare myself the drama and potential heartache.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• You definitely did do the right thing by distancing yourself. I know that that's a hard thing to do and that it might have seemed like it could have been something perfect if you stayed but chances are it would have just been a very messy situation with someone getting hurt in the end and more than likely that person would have been you. If she didn't leave her boyfriend or even made any effort to telling you that it was possible that she was going to leave him then it sounds like she never had the intention to leave him for you in the first place. You would have gotten yourself deep into the "relationship" emotionally with her and would have been hurt way more than you were when you left her early.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you did the right thing. You felt feelings that were wrong to act on. But maybe you should tell her that you just wanted to be a good person and that you weren't trying to be rude. She seemed to like you for who you are, so there should be no issue with being straight up with her. Best of Luck :)

What Guys Said 3

• that was the best and right decision you made.if you got involved with her it would only bring you more pain you don't want to be one of those guys who just sits and waits hoping that shell break up with her boyfriend and even then shell think of you as a friend.i suggest just keep doing what your doing now and when you hear she's broken up with her boyfriend start talking to her and then when you want to ask her out explain why you distanced yourself from her.

• Yeah you did the right thing, timing is important. That kind of situation is an emotional disaster waiting to happen, you get emotionally attached to someone with whom you only have half of their attention.

• You wus she likes you, and you walk away, who cares if she has a boyfriend break them up if she likes you more than she likes him she will break up with him, instead you walk away from it, what a waste...