How do you get over an ex you can't or don't want to hate?

My ex and I broke up about a month and a half ago. She cited her reasons for wanting to break up, and they were legitimate given some personal issues she's dealing with. We parted ways, admitting we still love and care about each other. We've talked a few times since the break up and have admitted we miss each other, but if we started talking regularly again right now it would end ugly because she's still not ready for a relationship and neither of us want "just friendship." This is all new territory to me, because all of my previous relationships ended with massive blow ups, and I realize now that my way of coping with a break up was to simply "hate" my ex. I don't want to hate this girl, she's sweet and caring, but it's also very hard to not be mad because I'm hurt. However, I feel like because I'm trying to be understanding and mature about things, it's making it hard to move on. What should I do? Do I try to convince her to give us another chance? Do I give her space? I know hating her would wrong, but it could also make moving on easier
How do you get over an ex you can't or don't want to hate?
Add Opinion