What was your worst break up exp?

Most people have gone through text message break ups, but who here has a story that will leave us going WOW?

2210

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, none of my breakups have been toooo horrible.. yet, but I'll share my worst one.

I was texting my boyfriend, and this is how our conversation was, pretty much:

'I love you so much baby. I won't ever leave you' 'I wish I could be with you right now. I love you:)' and stuff like that. Then, randomly, out of the blue, he texted me saying 'I think we're better off being single because we haven't seen each other in 3 days. this isn't going to work.'

We had been dating for a little over a year and I haven't talked to him since the day he broke up with me. I still don't understand what happened. He broke my heart.

Guys are dumb. I'll be a cat lady for the rest of my life, thank you very much :D

• Not all guys are dumb! Cat's are pretty awesome though XD

What Girls Said 21

• My ex fiancĂ©e cheated on me and abused me (mentally and physically) for three years, and I eventually snapped. He tried to slam a car door in my face and I ripped it open and beat the living sh*t out of him. It probably wasn't the best thing that I could have done, but f*** he had it coming and it made me feel so much better. I asked him after that if he still loved me and he said yes and I slapped him across the face and said "Well I don't f***ing love you anymore!" and that was the end of it.

• YES! girl power :)

• ahahaha that's wassup!

I tell my sister to dump tha douchebag party pooper that she plans to marry because she can't live w.o him, and only if she could do that and move on.

• Yes I love It! that is wats up..That is horrible that you put up with him all that time but hey I understand why you did. Don't need to explain to me I've witnessed nothing but abusive relationships.

• Haha.. I have a funny one... so this boy was the same age as me... great body..lol... Anyway... he was a football player... we dated for 4 months... Than he started acting... girly... he got clingy and OMG emotional... So one night I walked into my room to find him standing in front of me naked...and when told him that I wasn't going to have sex with him... he started pouting... and asked y... I said, cause your gay... he was like... How did you know?... omg it was awful!

• Okayy...I was in high school & was dating a guy for about two years, when I found out he cheated on me for anal sex.

I confronted him & he shoved me onto the floor (basement). He told me I made him miserable because I wouldn't give him what he wanted & I drove him to drink & do drugs when I got grounded...

After I got off the floor, I pushed him up against the wall (btw, we were engaged, haha) and grabbed the skin on his ribs (which ended up giving him a blood blister the size of a football almost) and threw him to the floor, telling him I had done everything I could think of to be the best girlfriend for him...(& I really did). I left him on the floor, ran up the stairs and left...hysterical.

A few nights later, we officially broke up & I realized I was truly done...So, I started hanging around one of my guy friends (since I had had to give them all up when I started dating the freak). After a couple weeks, we started dating & this really p*ssed off my crazy ex...so he came over to my parents' house unannounced & spilled out every secret...every detail...everything he knew to my parents! My parents were no longer mad at him...but disgusted by me-as I had lost my virginity without telling them. When he was leaving, he told me I better watch my back & stay away from my boyfriend because he would shoot us both because his mom had a pistol underneath her bed.

The next day, I went to the school...told the police officer there what had happened & got a restraining order on the psycho. . .he stalked me continually & eventually, they suspended him & he never got to walk at graduation with his class...he's a loser-no college or anything now.

Did that make you say wow? probably not...but it was awful.

• I went to visit my sister for a couple of weeks and so we would talk every single day on the phone. He kept saying how excited he was for me to come back (we were living together) and that we should start looking for engagement rings when I was back home. Well the night I got home he broke up with me, simply saying that he needed a break. We ended up sleeping together and the next morning I packed up all of my stuff and moved in to my mom's. A few days later I learned that the day after he told me we should pick out an engagement ring he cheated on me with the girl that he had reassured me MANY times was "like a sister" to him. Super, yeah? The girl he cheated on me with then tried adding me on MySpace (this was a couple years ago) and Facebook and would message me asking me why I kept rejecting her. Might I also mention that I had never met her in person? Well soon after I learned that he had left me for her. But wait, it gets better. He gave me HPV. I had been tested through out our relationship and the tests always came back clean. After he cheated on me though, I found out I got an STI from him and that little skank. Still, it get's better. The girl he left me for started coming into my work and harassing me, calling me from his phone to rub it in that she was with him instead of me and randomly showing up at places I was at just to harass me. When I asked him to please talk to her about leaving me alone he said that I should stop being so bitchy about it and make friends with her. What? For a full year after we broke up she continued to try to add me on Facebook. My ex would also text me really nasty, mean things randomly, and then two minutes later ask how my day was. A little bi polar. ALSO, that boyfriend had a daughter who I was raising while he went and played video games, watched TV, went out to the bars, etc. I potty trained his daughter, taught her how to spell her name, taught her her numbers, the alphabet.. the list goes on. She was like a daughter to me and he took her away. That's the condensed version.

• That's TERRIBLE! I can't believe people are like that, sometimes it's just like, do you KNOW what a relationship means? I'm so sorry for you. People like that should go give each other STIs not to honest people who raise other people's children for them.

• Terrible, yes. But I became a much stronger person because of it and now I'm living the life I want to live. As much as I loved his daughter (and still do!) I was only 19 at the time! Much too young to be a step mom!

• My ex-boyfriend lived in a state over from me, because of school and everything... We were doing reallllly well, he even said so himself. And one day, we got into an argument, and the conversation ended with him telling me how he cared about me a lot more than I cared about him. But um after that, he just stopped calling. Nothing haha. And never answered when I called... And then found out from facebook that one of his ex girlfriend had just gone and seen him. To this day he hasn't actually broken up with me hahaha but it's definitely over. It was a killer though. Especially because he had broken up with me because he was jealous, then asked for me back because he didn't realize how much he really loved me. And then he just fell off the face of the Earth, and still skypes me once a month for like.. 10 minutes. And it still pisses me off to think about hah.

• haha you're Mean ! He got really upset, gee have some patience while he can cry it off, feel better, and tell you how much you hurt him lol.

• I'm mean? Haha funny how you know how he felt? I think 6 months is enough time for him to get over it, and I'm not going to sit around being patient for that long.

• Sounds like my ex , haha. except he never came back. Playing girls sounded like more fun to him LOL.

• this is how I broke up with him< I mad the biggest mistake of my life when I did.

so we were going out for about 2 months and he had said he loved me I freaked at how fast things were going and told him I needed space. One of his biggest things was honesty and even if it was a little white lie he got p*ssed. My best guy friend was so supportave and he just broke up with his girlfriend so he came over and brought my fav achol. We did a few shots and things got out of control he said he had feelings for me. I woke up the next morning hung over and relizing I had slept with my guy bestie. I freeked out and eneded up telling him I cheated. He took it suprisingly well, and said he would forgive me in time. I was shocked he was so calm. Cause his temper isn't the best. After a wile of getting back together we were stronger. I relized I loved him and told him. We made plans on our future like the kinda house we would have and hom many kids , our careers and eventually getting married. it felt so right but I had a bad past b4 him. I was the party girl that all the guys loved cause she was easy. I changed though. I relized what I had done that by cheeting on him I was going back to my old self. I was so discusted with my self, I felt like he deserved better. I thought about it for a wile and as I thought about it more the more I thought he deserved better than me, A few days later I was talking 2 him on here and told him I wanted 2 break up. I told him he deserved better than me. Then I found out it was his birthday. he had told me things at home weren't going so great. Then I found out that the reason he was so calm was because that same night he went out and clept with another girl. He said that it was killing him and the whole time he was picturing me. But we then got into a huge fight. and ended it. Now I relize how dumb that was and want him back

sophie W------

• He cheated on me with one of my closest friends, I broke up with me, and he started dating... they are together til date. :'(

• this is what happened...

so me and this guy had a very serious relationship for 10 months and then we went to college and about a month into school he broke up with me...now the weekend before, we broke up on a Friday, everything was absolutely fine and we were happier than ever...and then from Monday night on this just did not seem OK...and then on Friday he was like "i reassessed my life and I don't want a relationship anymore." he said that his feelings for me had changed and that he did not love me anymore...when he had said on MONDAY morning that he loved me so much and that he could not fall asleep because he missed me too much...and that he could not wait two weeks to see me...he was always over the top in love with me and always made sure to show it. Another thing is that exactly a month before we broke up he had gotten me a promise ring that he was planning to give me in 3 months for our 1 yr...so this happened about a month and 1/2 ago, the break up...he is now acting like he never cared about me or appears to be acting that way although he claims that he didn't lie me about his feelings when he said he loved me so much...he had told me exactly two weeks before the break up that I was the love his life and that he would love me no matter what...until the day he dies...he went from being so convinced about one thing to so convinced about the complete opposite...and he does not know what even caused him to reassess his life and he has said that "i, myself would like to know what caused me to make this big change in my life"...i am still so in love with him...and I just cannot believe the very very strong feelings he once had for me disappeared in less than 4 days..

the text message that he had sent me exactly two weeks before we broke up said:

"Hey baby, by now you should be long asleep getting your beauty rest :)...fishy, also by the way you are the love of my life, the breath in my lungs, the grass beneath my feet, you are all I need. I love you so so much, now always and forever, until the day I die and then some. I promise to love you no matter what, unconditional love.

Goodnight angel :D "

i mean advice would be helpful...i mean I am still totally in love with him and want him back so badly...it has only been a month and 3 weeks

• He broke up with me because I was depressing him with all my crying. He said he hated being around me and couldn't have fun with me anymore. My grandmother had just died and my other grandmother was given 3 months to live because they discovered she had cancer not only in her liver and colon but also in her lungs. I'm sorry that I'm such a cry-baby..

• OKAY THIS IS THE WORST BREAKUP I EVER HAD! I spent Christmas eve with my boyfriend, his dad came and got me because we live in different states so its about a 45 minute drive..well after a great time with him, they drived me home that night..5 minutes later after I got home, he some how got into a text fight? and broke up with me...worst part of it is I love the hoodies he got for me from pacsun and hollister, now I can't wear them with dignity. worser part about it is, that's the only thing great I got this year...FML

• that really sucks ..

oh well, you deserve better anyways :)

• who cares about how you got tha presents.. wear em like any piece of clothing.. just get that mindset. it ain't worth throwing out all tha presents. before you know it they won't have any significance to you.

btw what's FML?

• I got the text message breakup, using the free texts he had on his phone. It was only one text message page and it had three spelling errors. Then he had the nerve to show up for dinner at my house. I was cheated on for the three years of our relationship and it was pretty suckful. He only wanted sex and never put any effort...I was alone for Valentine's and didn't even get a call. It was pretty bad. Thank gosh it's over and I have moved on FINALLY!

• I was dating my ex for almost a year. Everything seemed fine, no fighting. Then out of the blue he dumped me by phone. Wouldn't give me any answers. Then the next day he texted me calling me crazy for wanting answers. He said I have no confidence and no social skills. This is completely untrue. Then he said he "should've dumped me a long time ago". What I way to dump someone! Then he told me to f*** off. Needless to say I'm not friends with him at all.

• never had one

• I lost him for my "ex bestie friend", nothing last to be said.

• In 2002 I was engaged to be married I was at my mother-in-law to Be's home working on some of the wedding plans when I got a phone call from my aunt's boyfriend and I was told that someone was coming to pick me up and that I had to come home NOW. I gathered my belongings and left when I got home my whole family was there and everyone was crying. My 15 year old brother had died in a car accident a block away from his home 30 minutes earlier. devastated I called my fiancee to tell him what happened he told me he was on his way and would be there as soon as he could. 3 hours later he showed up with a VERY VERY pregnant chick she was at least 7 months pregnant he came up to me gave me a hug and asked if I was OK then turned to the chick that had come with him and said "I would like for you to met my girlfriend and the mother of my child Paula"...

• wow... that's terrible. :(

• I wish it wasn't true...

• omfg girl I would just die..That seems to be the worst I'm so sorry. I feel your pain all I got is brothers and only one little one..i probably would of decked that guy hard core .

• i broke up with my ex-boyfriend on the last day of school. Why? because I diddn't want him to mess up his exams. is this bad?

• Happy in a relationship.

Bf goes to vacation with friends.

Doesn't contact me for a while.

I call him.

He is rude.

I say I love you.

He says "I don't... Ummm... Me and my friends hav decided that being single is the best so I can't be with you'

I cry I say " don't do this to me... I am very alone"

He says "hmm... enjoy with your friends... bye"

IMMATURE PIG! I am wayyy happier now, without him! He calls me every day now and I say "ttyl I m out with friends"

• I had just got back from the doctor because I was sick and up all night waiting for my then-boyfriend to finally decide to come back home so I could lock up the house and go to sleep. I was upset because I didn't deserve such disrespect, if I respect someone's time and house, I expect the same from them. So we were fighting about it, then out of nowhere he picks up a chair. He hit it on the ceiling by accident and dropped it so he threw a duvet on top of me. I told him right then to get out. He pushed me against the door and held me while he yelled, "You don't have a friend in the world you little bitch. I don't want to be with you." I slapped him and left. Then he started yelling at my mother, swearing at her and when I went back downstairs I saw he had ripped up flowers, my place was such a mess, he ripped up my tissue box, broke my brand new flash drive and my lamp. A couple hours later he leaves me an "accidental" voicemail of him laughing with his friends telling them he broke up with me because I was so out of line telling him he was late and I wanted to lock up and go to bed.

What a superb asshole, all because I stood up to him when he disrespected my time when I was sick. And leaving a voicemail like that, in your 20s, when we had been in a long-term relationship for 2 years, gone overseas together, etc? Well, I won't even comment. It's been a month, no apology, just nasty texts. I wish him luck. I don't know what I was thinking.

• i haven't had really horrible breakups like that. no horror stories about texting, or having his friend tell me, or his mom call me, or anything

but my worst break up was with a guy that I truly cared for

• i found out that was my boyfriend was cheating on me from a friend's friend's mouth while we were all having a girl time together. she didn't even know Ryan was my boyfriend that time but she just mentioned him and her other friend were dating. my friend's mouth fell when her friend said that because she knew the news was gonna crush me. I walked out then asked to speak to that girl my boyfriend was cheating with. I wanted to see my enemy in the eye. Ella did come to see me with her fat boyfriend. and she was so fat too. I was so mad because how can Ryan exchange me for this? so I called ryan using Ella's cellphone. He was shocked when he found out it was me. I told him, "dont you ever show your face again because we are done! and you are so lucky, you ain't here right now or else I could have slapped you so hard, you will never forget it. I trusted you u asshole! just die!" then I hung up. and I told Ella, oh thanks for your minutes and I'm feeling better. I smiled and left. weeks after that, Ryan tried calling me he was in a different city studying so he can't just leave. he called my friend's #s because I just don't wanna speak to him. I thought I wasn't gonna get over him because we been together since high school. almost 4 years. I tried crying but I didn't shed a tear. I guess I was too numb to cry. I started seeing other guys and a month later I had a new boyfriend. I was shocked too see Ryan waiting for me at my dorm. he wanted me back but I said NO THANK YOU DICKHEAD. He travelled almost 24 hours by bus just to see me. but I didn't care. he hurt me and that's it.

• I learned through Facebook I had got dumped for another chick. And its the first time I actually fell in love with someone. Great.

What Guys Said 10

• It was 8 years ago while I was in the Army, I remember it as lucidly as it were yesterday...

I was engaged for the second time... I gave my fiance the keys to my dorm room in order for her to take my mail to my room while I was on deployment. I returned early... I did not tell her I returned early because I thought it would be a good suprise... I came back and I quietly entered the dorm room... Appearently, they did not hear me enter. I caught a glimpse of my fiancee through a mirror placed adjascent to my bedroom door. She was nude and bobbing up and down. Enraged, I quietly exited leaving the front door open and went to the arms room to drop off my 2 pistols, my M-16 rifle, and any thing else that could be considered a weapon. I had a look on my face (according to others) as If I were going to murder someone. The arms room clerk called the MP's When he saw me go to my dorm room... I kicked the door open only to find my fiancee and my roomate screwing in MY BED! I laughes histerically saying, "So, this is what you think of me and my faith to you, eh?" "I'm sorry! It is not what it seems!" I replied, "Not as it seems? So you are not tossing your vagina to my bitch ass rommate eh? Well, F*ck me sideways!" She then says, "It's a mistake! I did not mean for this!" I scoffed, "Mistake, eh? So you accidentally seen him in my room naked and accidentally fell on his D*ck, P*ssy first? Nay, not a mistake... I shall give you mercy for your actions this once... I want my G_Ddamn ring back and I want you out of my life! I care not how you beg for forgiveness, I care not if you beg your parents to help reconcile... You are dead to me! You are warned, Leave the ring and leave my life, or I WILL do something I will regret!" She cried as she returned my ring, and dressed herself... She left. I told her father later (He was a Sergeant Major... She was 19 and still lived with him because she attended college and worked part time at the post exchange..) that it was over. Back to the instance, MP's were at my dorm room with my first sergeant and my roommate was in fear because I told him, "If I were you, I would fear sleeping in this dormroom tonight... You won't see tomorrow!" As the MP's were about to arrest me, my First Sergeant asked what was the meaning of this, and it was explained... I was granted release and the roommate was reassigned a new dormroom immediately. I only dated one person after that, and never dated again after we ended that relationship.

• rough man. Just rough.

• That was 8-9 years ago now... I give less than a sh*t about it now... Her only excuse was that she mostly had sexual relationships, and Here I am a g_d damn celebate... LOL

• that was horrible but my guy is in the military and I;ve also heard other similar stories of military sluts who sleep around. some on this base here where we are stationed... it is terrible

• I took my girlfriend to Florida then on a cruise to the Bahamas. She broke up with me after the ship departed from the Bahamas to the U.S. on the return trip.

Love is blind. She told me that she only wanted to go on the trip and she asked me before that if we weren't dating would I still take her on the trip. I answered "no" without even thinking about it. It was my honest answer and she purposely strung me along for that trip.

My friends told me that I should have tossed her over the side of the ship. She was an illegal alien (German) at the time but that wouldn't have solved anything. She went back with an ex and later asked if she could still have sex with me since they had an open relationship. I answered "no" and have never looked back.

• wow... love some times is blind

• wow what a horrible person she is. I cannot believe the audacity of some people.

i'm glad you got over it quickly.

• my personal worst. my first girlfriend (I was 14) we dated for like 7 weeks I thought we were gonna get married the whole nine yards. we had sex (my first time) and I thought everything was going good, then I went back to my house (in another state) and tried to keep talking to her, turned out she was a cheap latina prostitute who my friends paid for because they thought it was about time I lost it... I've learned since then that love is a joke and there is never a happy ending that's why you just go for the one or two nighter girls (btw since then I've slept with 13 girls and only knew 3 of them for longer than a week)

• Your friends hired a prostitute for a 14 year old O_O How old was she? I think you should give some real women, not brainless floozies a try mate.

• woaaaaaaaaaaah, your friends are douchebags

:/

• ... OK thx

• I doubt I have anything interesting to say, but what the hell? I have nothing to lose.

Okay, so it was between me and this one girl. Really, at first she was dating this one dude and then the next thing I know, she is in my class (this is back in high school mind you). We started talking and as it turns out, we did like each other. I pretty much asked her out on the phone and she said yes. (Apparently she wasn't dating the first dude at the time.) We started talking a lot and I really didn't want to go too fast, but random words that I regret slipped out WAY too early in the relationship such as "I love you". This was mainly because I hadn't had a girlfriend in a while. After about a week or so of dating I walk into the class we had together and my best friend comes up to me and tells me right off the bat that she's breaking up with me. She goes back to her previous boyfriend after apologizing to me. I was just being stupid really and I told her that she "...put my heart back together again..." and that she was "...never aloud to look into my eyes again..." kind of stuff. (Note: I wore sunglasses in high school everywhere almost everyday.) After time passed, her boyfriend cheated on her and guess what? She came back to me and asked for forgiveness. I gave her a second chance and we started dating again. This time it was different because we weren't just talking anymore. We got "touchy" and I started letting my fantasies take over my heart and told her I wanted to have a second girlfriend. I'M AN IDIOT, I KNOW. I LEARNED QUICK. We broke up after that and she went back to that same previous boyfriend. This happened three more times with another guy. When we were together again, she acted like she wanted me to have another girl which was confusing. I was very happy though when she told me she loved me though. After that it was just back and forth because I was so confused that I started liking other girls and telling them I liked them and that it wasn't working out with what I had. The last time we broke up was the worst because we promised each other that we would get married and such. (Note: We were only 17.) The reason we broke up was because my mom wouldn't accept her for who she was when it turns out her dad didn't accept me either. She acted like she didn't care though. The main reason this was the worst break-up was because she told me "I don't love you anymore." and that really hurt. To this day I still wonder why she's back with that same boyfriend who doesn't give a sh*t about her and who doesn't love her. I wouldn't go back to her for the world honestly. It was from her that I've learned all I have learned throughout the years. I'm 19 now and I've graduated from high school. I've made my mistakes and sewn my seeds. What I went through was absolute hell, but it may not be the worse. I know what I want now though and I know what and who I am. I have nothing else to say. Sorry you had to read that entire thing. Please don't judge me.

-Jeremy h.

• I had a girl leave me for another girl, which of course makes you wonder if you turned her lesbian... Although she did date me again, several times. Another reason was, I'm being to distant and that I'm too clingy. God knows how I manage to be in both those categories...

• ill give you the short story.

i fell in love with a senior(I was a softie) we were dating for almost a year. when she graduated we talked about getting an apartment and live in together. I couldn't move out because I'm 15 and my parents would freakout so I told her lets just wait till I graduate. one day she broke up with me and told me that we werent ment to be. a week later she texted me and told me that she got engaged to this 25 year old man(he has he own house). I was butt hurt but I didn't say anything bad I just susported her like a good ex bf.

• Mine's not super dramatic, but my first girlfriend broke up through text message while I was on vacation with my family.

• i was with this girl for 2 and half years and she went to study overseas for 5 months halfway through she dumped me via skype. found out she was seeing another guy. its been 3 months since she broke up with me and I'm still f***ed up about it.

• Recently (nearly a month)...Was friends with this girl for six months, we both took an interest in each other beyond that, went out a few times, and her dog got sick (and other things supposedly piled on top of that around the same time), so it seemed like she needed some space to deal with these things. I felt horrible for her but tried to be supportive and keep in touch, but she never responded back to the few texts or phone calls I sent her. Not sure if that was just a disappearing act or she really had/has stuff to deal with, but it hurts if she just used that as an excuse not to tell me she'd rather stay friends (which I would have been fine with).

• Well long story short, I bought a $6,000 engagement ring for my 4 year ex. I spoke to her mom about , mom approved. I worked up the courage to propse on Wednesday and Tuesday I get the" HEY WE NEED TO TALK" ... I had gotten the ring at an 80% discount given that I am work for a jewelry Manufcaturer. sold it for porfit . ...But my heart is still in pieces!... Two years later...

• 6 grand! mine was 100 dollars hahahahaha... lucky you got the money back