Why does my ex say we're friends yet treats me exactly how he did when we was in an relationship?

So I tried understanding by asking him directly and he said we're friends and that I'm free to do what I want and see other guys, I don't see other guys yet he gets irritated with me and assumes that when I'm out and not answering my phone or being blunt on the phone I'm with some guy or out at an party. When he sees me he kisses me as a boyfriend would, he talks to me about staying over, he tells me he loves me, he calls me everyday to see how I am and how's my day been, tells me almost everyday I'm pretty and when his own friends asks who his on the phone to he says his girl or when girls try talking to him or sleeping with him he says he's seeing someone. I'm so confused and honestly it hurts because it feels like rejection but it's not and I'm just so confused and when I've asked he says we're friends. I've cried about it because it's frustrating and I'm so lost. I've logged out of sc and deleted whatsapp just to have some space. Someone please explain!
1
0