Is it a positive if your ex views you only as someone they can be in a relationship with?

My ex and I broke up a couple months ago. She basically had this notion that she was 30 years and had no idea who she was as a person, and the only way she could do that was to be single. She also expressed that she's been in 2 long term relationships since her teen years and "just wants to be single." I can understand that, she's had some personal issues and I know a couple years back when I had a long term relationship end I "just wanted to be single" which meant I wanted to play the field. So it came as no shock to me when I found out from a friend that she's slept with another guy at least once, maybe a few times, but it's not an exclusive relationship. My ex and I still talk, and she told me she "misses me", but doesn't want to lead me on. Essentially saying, I know if we start hanging out and getting physical again, it won't end well because she's not looking for a relationship. My question-- should I see this as a positive because she respects me enough to not want to toy with my emotions? Or should I be upset that she's having "casual" sex with someone else and not me?
1
0