What are the odds that he wants to get back together after he broke up with me?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and answers:

I had been going out with my ex for little less than 2 months (which is actually longer than we both have ever been with anyone), and somewhat out of the blue he broke up with me, saying that he didn't find what he was looking for with me, and he used a strange phrase that I took to mean that he was stopping to love me. I was devastated, but rapidly decided it was best to let matters rest and for the next couple of days I saw my friends and acted pretty normal around everybody. 3 days after our break up he sent me a message saying "I don't mean to bother you, but I miss you, I miss us. Just wanted to let you know." I replied that I missed him too but that I was deeply hurt by him and I didn't know what to think. His reply was "I see, so I guess there's not much for me to do... If there's anything I'd like you to believe is that I wish I were with you right now." After this message I told him I'd rather we talked about this, but then he never replied. Another couple of days passed and I saw him at a friends meeting (we share friends) and he didn't ask to talk to me or anything. After this I decided I had had enough and tried to contact him via IM. Though at first he said we could talk, after I tried to initiate the conversation, he told me that he was going through some rough time (something that his best friend confirmed) that had nothing to do with "what happened between us" and that he didn't want his current mood to affect our conversation. I told him that if he felt like he needed to tell me something, to please do so, and his answer was "I'll let you know".

Right now, I'm at a loss. I don't know what's going in his mind and whether those messages were sent honestly and because he wants to get back together or just as some sort of way to prevent me from hating him, or what? What does it mean that he said he didn't want his mood getting in the way of the conversation? If he wanted to get back with me, wouldn't he want that regardless of his humor? I'm deeply confused. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just thought I'd let you all know, so probably this will help other people in similar situations: I talked to him last Saturday and we told each other that we both wanted to try it again, so we're back together :)

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• He wants to apologize for breaking up with you, and wants to make things OK between you. Not to get back together but just to have a good closure, without hurting your feelings. If he wanted to get back together with you he would've put effort to get you back because it was his fault.

• Thanks for your answer.

If he only wants to have a good closure and maybe remain something like "friends", then why all the stuff about him missing me and wanting to be with me? Is it normal to tell that to someone you want as just a friend?

• He realizes what he had was great, and misses it. I think since you guys share friends, it's normal to want to still be friends with an ex. Maybe he was lonely and wanted to be with you at the time. If he could break your heart once he may likely be able to do it again. Its up to you if you want to try again or not.