My short-term relationship ended abruptly. Can you share your perspective please?

Hello, thanks for reading. I met a guy via online dating and we had instant chemistry. We had the kind of chemistry from the get-go where people thought we were married or had been dating for years. We clicked on every level to the point where it was freaky how much we had in common. I should mentioned we're also both 30. He moved quickly and asked for exclusivity after a week. I agreed. After two weeks we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. We didn't have any doubts that we were a great fit. He went through his Facebook and deleted old girlfriends, and posted pictures of us on his Instagram proudly. Per his friends, he's never done this. We really enjoyed our time together and for a while things were great. Then, after two months we hit a break down in communication. He has seasonal depression and also has been very scarred by past relationships. Doubts about me started to creep in. He stopped texting me more and more. One day he asked me a very offensive question - basically, are you cheating on me / do you have any STDs (he phrased it as 'are you sucking another guy's d*ck')? We were tested together at the beginning of our relationship and he couldn't give me a single reason why he thought this. I'm just not that kind of person. I was loving, compassionate, kind, caring, and always there for him. Him doubting me this way made me very upset, obviously. I yelled about the situation. I didn't call him names and I wasn't hurtful, I just told him how hurt I was and how disrespectful accusations like that were. He called me the next day and broke up with me because, in order: 1. I'm too emotional (?) 2. He doesn't see a future with me 3. He doesn't know what he wants 4. Can't we just be friends? I really like him, but we haven't spoken in a month. Will he speak to me again? What happened?

1 y
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback. Most of it is very useful and confirms my understanding of the situation. I have a lot to think about. Much love to all.
1 y
I reached out to him because I started to become really concerned for his well-being. We talked on the phone. Unfortunately, as most of you have pointed out, he has mental health issues that he needs to work through. The relationship would never be healthy with depression and anxiety always in the background. He has to work on himself. I am going to remain his friend and date other people. Thank you again. xx

We are going to try to be friends
33
15