Why do I keep dreaming of him?

I really liked this guy but he was 10 years older than me. He was extremely flirty all the time but I liked the attention he gave me. I hadn't had a boyfriend before. But when I thought he liked me he would then kinda flirt with other girls too. He claims he was only joking. He would tell me a lot of thinfs thatwere happening to him. Then he say stuff like your always there for me etc. I think i fell hard for this guy. Then all of a sudden just talking he saiy like im not ready for a relationship. But he was so touchy & flirty with me to the point all of our friends thought we were together. He was divorced with 2 kids. Then fast forward one day he just stopped talking to our group of friends. I tried contacting him multiple time & he did reply a few times. Even in one of those messages saying he loved me very much & appreciated the way I am. But now he never messaged/called me nothing at all. Its been a yr now. I still can't get over him I dream about him sometimes where he tells me he loves me or kisses me. I think he hurt me so much & made me feel like the stupidest person ever. Like I wasn't good enough for him. I dont know if I keep dreaming about him cuz it hurts or it was something "unfinished". I honestly haven't shared this with anyone because it hurts & i feel embarrassed.
Why do I keep dreaming of him?
Add Opinion