I messed up because I panicked but I’m not ready to let go of the guy I left, but my main question is is it most likely too late to message him?

Basically we were together for 8 months but during the 7th month towards the end he began questioning if he liked me anymore like he did in the beginning and so we took a break for a week but then he ending up ending the whole thing because he didn’t want to hurt me. But I message him a day later and he said he regretted the whole decision and he didn’t want it to be over. So we got back together to try it again but like we go to different school and he untagged me from his photos on Instagram and his the photos I tagged him in from his profile. Then I happen to see a photo of him posing in the background of this group of girls photo and the caption was “what do you do when this squad rolls up on your mans?” And I mean when I first got with him I knew he was a player and had a past with girls but while we were dating I trusted him and he gave me no reason not to. But since I was feeling hurt at the time because of the lack of hope it was going to work I panicked and broke up with him. He said he didn’t hate me, but it’s approaching the date we first met and like I still don’t want to give up on him and I just want to message him and say “something reminded me of you and I just wanted to say that I hope you’re doing well”. But I understand if he doesn’t want to talk but I just want to try something. I haven’t spoken to him in 3 months and I don’t know if it’s fair to him for me to just come out of no where and message him.
1 y
Also to add I was like his first actual relationship too so I feel like I gave up on him
1
1