She wanted to be single, but says she is still in love with me?

I’ve decided to take to the internet as the last point of call before I knock this breakup on the head. This is in effort to attempt to understand the psychology and rationale breakup on her end of things. I’ll try and keep the story short and sweet for everyone’s sake.
We were together 2 ½ years, met at University in the same halls and shared a house in year 2, and then got a house together in year 3. Relationship was good, we were both happy throughout and rarely fought until the end. Only time we broke up was around this time last year because of her actions, she was far too over possessive, over protective, and when drunk she would act extremely irrational. We spoke deeply about starting a family, marriage, and a future together at various points in the relationship. Family and friends around me after the breakup were confused with her reasons for the split because of how in love she was with me (which I’ll explain in a second).
In the end we split because we both had enough of arguing, we both were unhappy. After a few days apart, we decided to give things another go, however, she turned and told me “I want to be single, have fun with my friends, and find myself. It’s not you, it’s me and I am still in love with you”. I told her that I respected her desires, and that I could not be with someone who didn’t want to be with me and wanted to be single. I reminded her (to which she agreed) that I have never prevented her from having fun with her friends, going out, having friends who are boys etc. etc. In fact, I always encouraged her to do all these things and to have fun. She also stated that we may be together again in the future, and that she has no desire of sleeping with any one else or getting into a new relationship.
Looking back now, most of our arguments towards the end of the relationship appeared petty and childish. I felt like she disrespected me and the people and things around us. I would work through University and hold a part-time job (full-time dur
1 y
during summer/breaks) whilst managing everything surrounding our home. I would cook, clean, sort repairs, and make sure everything was in harmony for us and our home. She, I felt, having large amounts of free-time due not ever picking up shifts at work (she was on bank work – choose your shifts kind of thing) and rarely at University, would never contribute to the home. Whilst I would work 10-12-hour shifts and she would sit at home doing nothing productive towards our home, future, or just in g
1 y
general. I would suggest doing anything to get us out the house, whether that was a walk in the park, go see a movie, out for a drive in the car etc. etc. But she wouldn’t be interested, or compromise to something we could both agree on. She didn’t seem at all interested in having fun, like… at all especially towards to end.
About 2-3 weeks go by after the breakup and I find out she has slept with someone else. I confront her contradicting behaviour and she tells me she regrets it and she is sti
1
1