I don't know what I should do, should I say something to him and what should I say?

Super2000
So we were never dating but we were definitely a thing and we were “talking”, exclusive, hanging out and hooking up. It lasted for a good two months. And we ended things because we leave for college in a few months and I’m the one that brought the conversation up, because we both knew we don’t want to go into college in relationships. Since I Brought it up, he knew that it would be best for both of us to end things. But he said he liked me a lot, he just didn’t want to get too attached and he still wanted to be really good friends. It seems like he isn’t even sad or doesn’t miss what we had, and I seem way more upset about it than him, and when I told him I didn’t know if it was smart of us to stay friends if one of still has feelings and the other doesn’t because if we hook up with other people it will just be a mess for the person with feelings. And then he said “So we can’t talk at all? I don’t get it but ok. Its not that I don’t like you Anna, its just not good for either of us” I don’t get it. I feel like I’m having my heart ripped up every day trying to be friends with him but it just all feels so new and different now since we don’t text/talk as much and I don’t know how he could go from what we were to friends so quickly. We have had this conversation too many times and each time he says stuff like “he still likes me, and he just knows since we are leaving it wouldn’t be good to keep it going and get too attached”. I don’t know what to do anymore because this has made it hard for me to enjoy the rest of my school year, and I’m scared about the summer because I don’t want to be sad anymore. I don’t want to come across as crazy but what do I do or say?
1
2