How do I get over feeling guilty that my ex is sad over our breakup?

I broke up with my kids father because he was verbally abusive and never changed, he even pushed me out of anger 4 times but this last time he really hurt me. He always claim he would change but never did. I feel so guilty & bad because he keeps crying sending me million of texts that he’s going to try to become a better man. I feel bad because he is really heartbroken & said he never did anything intentionally it was a mistake he regrets I don't know what to do. I forsure want to end things this time because I know it’s not going to be different.

923

Most Helpful Guy

• Just keep in mind all the shit he has put you through during your relationship and how he brought this on himself and hopefully that relieves some guilt you feel. If you make the same mistakes over and over it becomes intentional you did the right thing. Just stay strong. He will keep texting and crying to try to guilt his way back into your arms.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Just know you're breaking that constant cycle he's been giving you. He'll never change and you've given him multiple chances. Remember you deserve someone way better and there's people out there who will treat you nicer. It's not your fault he's in this situation, he only wants you to feel sorry for him so he can have you back

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE