Should I break up with my boyfriend because he forgets things about me? (Name, birthday) Even if his memory is horrible?

I'm in an online relationship with the only person that I've ever truly loved in life.. And one of the only reasons that I even understand love is because of him.. We've been dating for over a year and have never met in person.

Yesterday was my birthday, and he didn't remember for one, but also was avoiding me throughout the day and week even..

We've a really dark tension between us for nearly three months now.. And we've hardly spoken to each other and have both been really depressed and stressed.. Both with our relationship and other things..

But for the first six months of our relationship or so he didn't even remember my real name.. He just called me by my nickname username.. Which I prefer to be called, but how can he claim I'm the love of his life but forget my name? When he can remember every little Star Wars detail you could ever imagine..

Basically, I feel like he just treasures me because I'm valuable but not necessarily because of me.

But again, his memory is really weird.. He forgets his own last name sometimes.. But again, at the same time is capable of remembering explicit details from things.. Star Wars being an example..

What do you guys think? Should we just end it?
1 y
Well, I broke up with him.. but we're remaining best friends and will possibly attempt to date again when we're both ready if that ever happens. Thanks for the help
3
1