Ended Relationships, & He’s already Moved On? Or is it a Rebound?

I broke it off with my boyfriend / father of my child of 5 years about 3 months ago. In those 3 months he not only moved on to someone new, but he’s also living with her (i believe he is), and is also playing the role of step dad to her son. On social media, he post her all the time, calling her baby, etc etc.

I broke our relationship because we’ve been through so much hell, I was afraid to make things worse between him and I. At the end of the day I still love him, and I still very much want my family. He claims he stills “Cares about me” considering that since our end of our relationship we had had sex. I’ve never been emotionally involved sexually with anyone due to my past, except for him. He tells me when we have sex he’s emotionally involved to. But how is it so easy for him to go home to someone else that he’s apparently been building a bond with, and claim to still care for me?

He says they are not boyfriend and girlfriend “YET” but that just means he does want to be with her. I realized break it off with him was the big mistake. But i don’t want to i ruin what he may have started with this new girl. It’s unfair to her feelings.

Guys: Does he still want us to be together or is he really done and moving forward? Should i step in and express the rest of my feelings that i want us to be a family, and get married as we had planned to a year ago, or just face it that i lost out on this, and he belongs to someone else?
1
1