How do I meet someone new?

I have had an on off relationship with this girl for years, and we keep breaking up because of a religious difference. During our longest break, literally no relationship or any attempt to move on, for either of us, was successful and we got back together.
She is on her mission, and despite my efforts, she doesn't wanna be in a relationship when she returns because I'm not the same religion.
Despite my efforts to move on and date other people, things feel and seem like they aren't working out so we can get back together.. but I've basically sent a letter as my last attempt to be with her and I have next to no hope things will work out.

I have a big crush on one of my coworkers, but I don't want to shit where I eat. I don't go out much, and I'm not good in social situations. What's the best way to meet someone new, cause I've lost hope of being with the person I love.
How do I meet someone new?
6
21