How do I meet someone new?

I have had an on off relationship with this girl for years, and we keep breaking up because of a religious difference. During our longest break, literally no relationship or any attempt to move on, for either of us, was successful and we got back together.
She is on her mission, and despite my efforts, she doesn't wanna be in a relationship when she returns because I'm not the same religion.
Despite my efforts to move on and date other people, things feel and seem like they aren't working out so we can get back together.. but I've basically sent a letter as my last attempt to be with her and I have next to no hope things will work out.

I have a big crush on one of my coworkers, but I don't want to shit where I eat. I don't go out much, and I'm not good in social situations. What's the best way to meet someone new, cause I've lost hope of being with the person I love.

621

Most Helpful Girl

• Well this relationship sounds kind of toxic (not to be rude) but you should try to branch out. Try to get to know your coworker better. And maybe you can get her (the girl that you were dating) out of your mind for a bit so you can focus a bit on your coworker and decide if you want to try out something with her

• I agree, I tried writing her letters and I don't know what's gonna happen... But my coworker is such a sweetheart, and I've tried to at least get to know her, and I've tried asking questions that would reveal a boyfriend or not. I don't know if she has one. But, I'm not sure how I can see if she is into me. I'm in a completely separate department and only see her once or twice a week. But she calls me hon... And she doesn't seem much older than I... But hon makes it sound weird, I dunno how to describe it...

Most Helpful Guy

• Start talking to strangers to expand your friend group. No excuses. If you make a single excuse, you've agreed to be single forrver. Go to a club or bar and strike up conversations; you'll be awkward, but that is fine. The key to not being awkward is confidence. The key to confidence is being okay with being awkward. The key to being okay with being awkward is to be so awkward on so many occasions that you just become numb to it. Others won't notice your awkwardness if you don't care about it yoursrlf. Your demotions are contagious, if you feel embarrssed, so do the people around you. If you feel confident, people around you will feel confidant.

Little bit of ranting, but long story short, get out of your box, make friends, and pick who you want to date from there. And get over that ex. Religion is the worst thing to disagree on.