How do I meet someone new?

I have had an on off relationship with this girl for years, and we keep breaking up because of a religious difference. During our longest break, literally no relationship or any attempt to move on, for either of us, was successful and we got back together.
She is on her mission, and despite my efforts, she doesn't wanna be in a relationship when she returns because I'm not the same religion.
Despite my efforts to move on and date other people, things feel and seem like they aren't working out so we can get back together.. but I've basically sent a letter as my last attempt to be with her and I have next to no hope things will work out.

I have a big crush on one of my coworkers, but I don't want to shit where I eat. I don't go out much, and I'm not good in social situations. What's the best way to meet someone new, cause I've lost hope of being with the person I love.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well this relationship sounds kind of toxic (not to be rude) but you should try to branch out. Try to get to know your coworker better. And maybe you can get her (the girl that you were dating) out of your mind for a bit so you can focus a bit on your coworker and decide if you want to try out something with her

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree, I tried writing her letters and I don't know what's gonna happen... But my coworker is such a sweetheart, and I've tried to at least get to know her, and I've tried asking questions that would reveal a boyfriend or not. I don't know if she has one. But, I'm not sure how I can see if she is into me. I'm in a completely separate department and only see her once or twice a week. But she calls me hon... And she doesn't seem much older than I... But hon makes it sound weird, I dunno how to describe it...

Most Helpful Guy

• Start talking to strangers to expand your friend group. No excuses. If you make a single excuse, you've agreed to be single forrver. Go to a club or bar and strike up conversations; you'll be awkward, but that is fine. The key to not being awkward is confidence. The key to confidence is being okay with being awkward. The key to being okay with being awkward is to be so awkward on so many occasions that you just become numb to it. Others won't notice your awkwardness if you don't care about it yoursrlf. Your demotions are contagious, if you feel embarrssed, so do the people around you. If you feel confident, people around you will feel confidant.

Little bit of ranting, but long story short, get out of your box, make friends, and pick who you want to date from there. And get over that ex. Religion is the worst thing to disagree on.

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Do the things you love and you'll meet the ones you love. I firmly believe that when you focus on yourself and find solace in your solitude, partaking in things that bring you joy, you will also come together with the one for you.

Online dating isn't bad but it's not for everyone so there's that too lol.

0|3
    0|0
  • The best way to meet somone new is to join clubs like swimming, the gym, or even like any club that you enjoy! Then you will not only find nice ladies but ladies with a similar intersest as you!! Hope this helped and makes most helpful opinion!! Xx

0|3
    0|0
  • Go to places where you can meet a lot of new people or just use some dating app

0|1
    0|0
  • night club and bars are prime hook up local

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know really

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• Shittin on place you work is when u start sleeping around casually if things work out and you are looking for something serious, it's okay to date office crush. Back to that girl, I don't think you need to persue her.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you are blinded by lust and comfort. Love would bind you two to the same religion. . That is her life and there's not a real way of her changing tjat. So ask yourself... how about You? Have you given religion a try?
    I think you need to move on. If it's truly ment to be, you two will find each other again. She's on a mission trip, she needs to do her thing... and you need to live! So live!

1|1
    0|0
  • Go out to a bar go do social events like conventions on something you like there are so many people to meet everywhere. If you are stuck in a line somewhere start making conversation with someone around you. You never know when an opportunity to meet someone will come up so just make opportunities happen

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes, the best way to find someone new is to stop looking entirely... take that last little bit of no hope that your constantly carrying and accept it. Relationships with serious religious differences are pain in the ass anyway.

Lastly... you should definitely dip your pen in the company ink... its pretty sexy to look across the conference room table at a coworker knowing exactly what she looks like naked... just sayin... good luck and God bless

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly man, I think that if you try going online and maybe going to a cafe or something to talk to some girls or any where where you are sure is a popular social place for girls, you can find someone that could be your soul mate.

0|2
    0|0
  • I really don"t get that, how do you let a religious difference break up a relationship?

Do you just argue about which religion is right or something or which tradition you're gonna follow in certain situations?

0|0
    0|0
    • For her she just kept breaking us up because I couldn't bless her and be sealed to her so we'd be together in the afterlife. Also, I'm not allowed in the temple and those weddings are important

• "important"

• Hi how are you. im ram from Chennai. Tamil guy looking for nice friends. Would you like to meet good nice friend your welcome. very happy to start with your relationship...

0|0
    1|1
  • If it doesn't work out then the only way is to break up, if someone is not willing to change religion over relationship then its not relationship its religion belief. Ateism is my answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a combination of both when men do try and be still verse girls look at the weird and think they're just trying to get something out of the girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating, go to the mall, go anywhere at all and strike up a convo. Good luck.

0|1
    0|0
  • humm may i ask what are the 2 religion's. if she on mission trip she getting deeper into her religion

0|0
    0|0
  • There are plenty of websites and apps you can go to

0|1
    0|0
  • You should consider moving on to the next step and follow your parenting and not shit where you eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to the church that teaches the same values you have.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just go to places you find interesting and you will meet people with similar interests.

0|0
    0|0
  • Religion separates us these days

0|1
    0|0
  • You could try one of those massage parlors

0|1
    0|1
  • Meditate

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to some social club mate. Gym, pool and so on. Meet new people over there.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes