If you didn’t want to be with someone, would you just end it?

I’m convinced my boyfriend doesn’t wanna be with me anymore. He never really wants to spend time together anymore. We’ve been together 8 months. We don’t live together and have pretty full on lives.

But why wouldn’t he just finish it? Doesn’t want to be the bad guy?

714

Most Helpful Guy

• A mature person would know the difference between being fully committed to someone to leading them on. If he has uncertainties about the relationship such as being distant, absent from the relationship and/or is lacking passion/intimacy towards you, he should talk about it with you to determine if this relationship is going in the right direction or if it needs to be cut off. You're questioning it yourself and if he's not going to speak up about it, you should so it doesn't drag on like this.

In my opinion, I would talk with my girlfriend first to see if she feels comfortable and loved enough in the relationship. If she feels certain that our differences are too great and/or doesn't feel that strong connection with me, I'd accept the termination of our relationship and we can both decide if we still want to be friends or not. Why waste their time if you aren't going to be direct about how you feel, especially since relationships are meant to be taken seriously.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people fear confrontation. They don't feel comfortable ending a relationship. So they either distance themselves and spend less time with their SO , or they treat them badly in the hope their partner will end it, so they don't have to

Personally, I'd end a relationship if I no wanted to be with a guy. But talk to your boyfriend first. Don't jump to assumptions until you hear what he has to say.