If you didn’t want to be with someone, would you just end it?

I’m convinced my boyfriend doesn’t wanna be with me anymore. He never really wants to spend time together anymore. We’ve been together 8 months. We don’t live together and have pretty full on lives.

But why wouldn’t he just finish it? Doesn’t want to be the bad guy?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A mature person would know the difference between being fully committed to someone to leading them on. If he has uncertainties about the relationship such as being distant, absent from the relationship and/or is lacking passion/intimacy towards you, he should talk about it with you to determine if this relationship is going in the right direction or if it needs to be cut off. You're questioning it yourself and if he's not going to speak up about it, you should so it doesn't drag on like this.

In my opinion, I would talk with my girlfriend first to see if she feels comfortable and loved enough in the relationship. If she feels certain that our differences are too great and/or doesn't feel that strong connection with me, I'd accept the termination of our relationship and we can both decide if we still want to be friends or not. Why waste their time if you aren't going to be direct about how you feel, especially since relationships are meant to be taken seriously.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people fear confrontation. They don't feel comfortable ending a relationship. So they either distance themselves and spend less time with their SO , or they treat them badly in the hope their partner will end it, so they don't have to

Personally, I'd end a relationship if I no wanted to be with a guy. But talk to your boyfriend first. Don't jump to assumptions until you hear what he has to say.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• If you don't like the relationship and don't get anything from it, what is the point? If you think being single is better, or that you can find someone better, it's better to just break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its hard because guys will stay in a relationship with you even when they feel down or kinda unconnected because they have the mind set that the downness wil go away and everything will be back to normal in the relationship its weird to explain but guys can be complicated aswell sometimes just gotta learn how to read the signals right and not get the bad idea

0|0
    0|0
  • I think ending the relationship is the best. Me talking off of past experiences, my ex boyfriend and I were really close, then we began drifting away. I still loved him a bunch, but he began to ignore me and pretended what we had didn't exist anymore so I ended it.
    Don't waste your time on someone who won't give you their time.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion. He knows you make him happy in an aspect but you might lack in others. If you really want to be with him, you have to dig into him. Find out what he wants. But if you don't want the same things... It will fail.

0|0
    0|0
  • Busy life styles can clash. does he ignore your texts and calls. If he is ignoring you might just be he is busy at work. But if he never speaks to you that is a sign to move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

He texts me as much as ever and we speak ok the phone most night. It’s just the physical seeing each other that has decreased

• 5d

Well that may happen I mean we need to physical but it doesn't always mean we have time for it. Busy schedules and life circumstances do gwt in the way.

• well if he didn't do it alredy, he will end it soo. or won't at all and you are just getting the wrong picture. try to talk to him about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm convinced the relationship is not salvageable yes I would end it.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a man in that situation I'd get pretty bored myself and move on at the earliest convenience.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd just end it. Seems like he's afraid of confrontation

0|0
    0|0
  • Just talk to him about how you feel. He may not even realize that it's a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's correct. He doesn't want it to be his fault. I've been that asshole.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. I'd maybe talk to her about changing the relationship..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea for sure

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• No. My ex didn’t want to be with me (and he still denies this is true, but, his actions made it so obvious), and instead of ending it - he chose to cheat on me. To my face he acted committed, behind my back he didn’t. Sometimes people don’t want to be with you anymore, but they don’t want anyone else to have you either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him? I mean it's kinda weird. If I knew that I didn't want to be with someone, I would say it immediately, as I wouldn't want to waste both his and my time.

1|0
    0|0
  • He might feel bad since all that work put into a relationship is just going down the drain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe his tooo chicken to say its over or he doesn't want to take the blame.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish it is that easy.

0|0
    0|0
  • How long has it been since he's changed?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes