Would you ever date someone who has kids from a previous relationship?

Im seperated and have two daughters. Eventually I would like to put myself back out there. Is it harder for guys to find girls if they have kids? Are you more likely to find similar women who also have kids, or are there single women without kids who dont mind being with someone who has them. No drama with the ex by the way. TIA

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Im not sure but i found that when i was single with a child it was harder to get a guy to date me seriously now that doesn't mean they wouldn't date me but it was more they where afraid of comment and what their family would say about my baggage with that being said my now husband never had a problem and evwn took care of my child three years before we where together as his on child and still. does so it possible and he is younger than me and didn't have any kids at the time we now have one together to

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks. That was mainly my question too is if its harder for a single father or mother to find someone. I guess it just depends.

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually bro since you have kids it's a lot easier to finde other women who have kids, there are more if those arround than the ones that don't and those lady's don't typically want more kids just like most folks who already have kids. It would be more suited for you to date a lady with kids

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I'd consider dating a guy with young kids, but I'd rather be with a guy who has no kids or whose kids are at least teenagers. Maybe that makes me an awful person, but that's my honest feeling about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7d

There are no wrong answers so its definitely not awful for you to have that opinion. Any and all input is appreciated.

• 7d

Thanks! I'm thinking the advice above about dating a woman with kids is probably good advice.

• 7d

I agree. But was also curious for the opinions of women without kids if it would bother them or not. Seems like most were ok given they were a good father and didn't have multiple kids from multiple partners.

• Yes I would. It’s not likely that I would meet a guy my age that either a) doesn’t already have kids or b) has been in a previous marriage/separated or divorced. However, if he has kids from more than one previous relationship. Then no I would not date him. We could be friends but anything more than 1 previous Relationship with kids... absolutely not.

1|2
    0|0
  • I would, as long as he doesn't have too many kids and takes care of tge children he has.

1|1
    0|0
  • Im a simgle mom and I am dating someone who has no kids. So I noticed that a lot of people who dont have children are dating people with kids. It isn't easy but its worth the dating scene. Also dating is for you then eventually the children as well. But have fun and go back out there slugger.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's doesn't matter in US. In my country where I was born it's really hard to find a man for divorced woman with even 1 kid.
    Are you interested in women who doesn't have kids? Or it doesn't matter for you?

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

It really doesn't matter. I would be willing to meet both as long as theyd be ok with dating some who has kids.

• 7d

I wouldn't mind to date with a guy who have kids. Why not?

• I would consider it but it also depends on the guy and how old we are / how old the kids are.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the person. At 22 I would definitely say no but if I was divorced or I was single without kids at 35 or something then sure it would bother me

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't tbh :/ i don't want kids in the future and i don't wanna help take care of them or like be with someone who has that kind of responsibility. I don't know how to word it, but we just wouldn't be on the same page i guess

0|0
    1|0
  • I think you get to 30 and if someone hasn't got kids you wonder why not

0|0
    1|0
  • If I was older I wouldn’t mind it but I’m 20 and in college I’m not ready to deal with kids yet

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if they are a good father and involved

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes I would.

0|1
    0|0
  • For me, no
    Baby mommas are usually drama
    I want to avoid dramas
    Nothing against single parents though

0|0
    2|0
  • Yes, but the guy needs to pull his weight with his kids. A lot of guys I know just want some woman to do the tedious & frustrating childcare stuff so he can watch tv or whatever and that isn’t as endearing when you know they’ll never be your kids exactly.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I’m a single guy with no kids but I think if I really found a girl I really liked and she had a kid then I could deal with it. But tbh I would rather them have no kids.

0|1
    0|0
  • From my own personal experience, divorced father with full custody for 14+ years, YES. Going on dates is easy until about the 3-4 date... then you'll see a stark dis-interest creep in.
    Good luck, it is a hard road.

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad has too many girlfriends and he has me and three others. If u think it's gonna be hard it will be hard. Have a positive mindset and u will have a positive outcome

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah of course. Not your fault it didn't work out mane

0|0
    0|0
  • no because i dont want to have kids

0|1
    0|0
  • I have. Many times

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would