What was your worst break up?

What was your worst break up? Wether you were the one that did the breaking up or the person being told?What was your worst break up?

3841

What Guys Said 41

• LDR... almost 7 years together. she fell for that colleague who tried something despite knowledge of my existence.
    After a few months of being pushed, she dumped me, got laid for a few weeks and got dumped.

I'm climbing out of depression... After about 8 years.

• I got ghosted and didn't realize I was being ghosted... I nagged and spam texted what was wrong until I got a message "it's not you it's me."

2 weeks later I get invited and talked into going to this guys pre-wedding ceremony... turns out she was cheating on another guy to begin with so whatever with that trash. Poor guy is going to be stuck with her.

• Was dumped bring the reason because of family. Later found out her family were being nice dunno who is lying. Loved her so much, did what I could. She actually wasn't well at all, tried as much as I could. Was ldr, also found out she was seeing someone else behind my back. Do nice and that's what you get, life is cruel, but you have to be tougher :((

• We split up but she was a nympho so she let me continue to have sex with her any time I wanted which kinda made it worse to get over, but I couldn't NOT have sex with her when she would let me do whatever I wanted!

Eventually I was just hate-fucking her every weekend until I found someone better.

• It was in 1942. My girlfriend didn't raise the hand so I had to report her to the regional police. Didn't see her again since then...
    Yeah well... Had only one girlfriend so far and she broke up 3 month ago. It literally fucked my heart on a very hurtful way. Glad I'm mostly over her.

• My worst breakup has to be with my latest ex , was in a depression at the time and even suicidal when she broke up with me (i can understand why'd she would do that though). but that was a rought time period.

• 2 days after valentines, 1 day away from our 1 year anniversary, she broke up with me for a guy who she had a short passion for.. they broke up very soon into their relationship. I wanna ask her if it was worth it cause she came back to me recently, but this wasn't the first time we broke up

• First serious relationship. Everything began to go downhill, I was gonna make things up with her favorite candy and flowers with a cute little message that said "when the last flower dies is when I'll stop loving you" (I stuck a fake flower in the bouquet) then she called me and broke up with me on Valentine's day when I was about to go see her that night. Pretty sure she was cheating on me anyway.

• 0|0
  • Had to break up with my girlfriend because she was an ace and I wasn't. She's a wonderful person and if that problem wouldn't have been there it could've lasted forever I guess.
    We sadly weren't able to work around it anymore after 10 months

• One of my college girlfriends, because we we kept trying to get back together and having a long distance relationship. After that I never went back to a girl once broken up. And no more long distance relationship.

• Ex punched me in the face while sleeping. She was kissing guts at the car so I left her there. We got into a physical fight.

Her excuse was blacking out. She didn't remember doing it so it wasn't her fault right? So bogus.

• 5 year relationship ended after she convinced me to move in with her and her friends as roommates. Christmas break she tells me she doesn't know what she wants out of life right now. Also she was talking to someone else lol. So I ended up having to find a new place to live, put a pretty big damp on my Christmas break and my car ended up breaking down in January. Funny though, cause here I am. New better car, going to more social events, doing things I never thought I'd be doing, and just more confident in myself overall so it was for the best. Don't need someone who brings you down constantly.

• Loved this girl all throughout high school even to this day 6 years later, we broke up over petty differences of her going to college and me the military

• It was my first relationship about two years ago. We dated for a month and then she ghosted me. I really liked her and would have done anything for her, but apparently she didn't feel the same way. I was still in that kind of "fantasy land" that you experience at the start of a new relationship, especially your first, where everything is so amazing and surreal. Well when she ghosted me I came crashing back to reality real fast, and fell into kind of a depression for awhile. It's been better recently but I'm still not totally back to who I was before that relationship.

• 6d

I feel you bro, my relationship was a little longer, almost 3 years. 3 days before my birthday she broke up with me. I was in a bit of a depression too, now I am doing a lot of fun stuff but sure as hell not the same.

• 5d

@Rednaw049 yeah I suppose mine was nothing compared to yours after 3 years, I was still pretty hurt though. I don't know if it's possible to really ever be completely the same as before. If it is I haven't figured it out.

• I believe ghosting and/or not telling the reason why (including a simple "i dont love u anymore") are the worst. been through both

• 5d

i meant a simple i dont love you anymore is an acceltable answer, instead of not telling anything

• My first girlfriend ( ex) she broke up with me 5 days after i gave her engagement ring and asked her to marry me.

• My last ex she broke up with me cause according to her I didn't have enough money to take care of her

• It's not really a break up, but my girlfriend passed away last February... 18 years old

• My girlfriend tolf me that she feels it was a one sided relationship and i was dead to her and took my car

• Both
    Can Describe
    It seems that death would also be much less painful than this

• Alright. Sit back and let me tell you a tale. My worst break up was from someone I wasn't even DATING. Me and my ex, who'd dumped me twice, were talking about getting back together. But she was with this other guy who she said was just using her for sex, so my logic was, "If he's just using her for sex, then this ain't a real relationship." So, she tells me she's gonna dump him and go back to me, until one day she says she's done with dating. Apparently the guy pissed her off or something. Anyway, she says she's done with dating and I'm just there crushed. Well, I go to school the next day and see her and him sitting together snoggin it up. Honestly I shoulda, woulda, could've seen it comin, given the history. But my dumb ass thought "3rd time's the charm."

• She broke up with me b4 a test so it kind didn't let me concentrate all that well during the test

• Specially the 26 th one. Can't differentiate between 118 and 26th. Both are worse.

• The one I got cheated on. I kept being an a**hole for several girlfriends after that.

• My most recent one 4 months ago, first person I ever loved

• I was duped, cheated on and lied to big time.

• First one
    Got dumped without a reason

• it cost me 15000 euro

• I never had a break up

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 38

• Losing the guy I fell in love with, whom was never in love with me, whom i never dated, it was like, losing the solid ground beneath me because i put all my time and effort in him, trying to get him to feel the same, and when i thought he did, he used me and went back to what he was doing before, and NOW come to find out he slept with 3 of my friends (which i could care less about now)

• I was dating a very mentally abusive narcissistic guy a few years ago. We fought all the time, and it usually ended in physical violence. Our last fight ever happened in my car with me as a passenger. We were about 10 miles from our apartment (driving) and while I don’t remember what the fight was over he was driving about 85 in a 40 and slammed my head into the window hard enough to cut it open, he then slowed down and had his friend push me out of the car (at about 15 mph) and took off in my car. He took my car and left me on the side of the road barefoot well after dark. My purse, wallet, cell phone and shoes were in that car. I walked 3 miles to a gas station (this was in rural Vermont and nothing was open at 3am) used the cashiers cellphone to call for a ride, and hid in the gas station bathroom with the door locked for over an hour before my ride came. I made him slide his Id under the bathroom door before I’d come out. I know it sounds crazy to do that, but I was sitting on the disgusting bathroom floor after having multiple panic attacks and I was convinced my now ex was goino to find me. I remember sitting on the floor staring at the dried blood on my arms and just being completely devoid of any emotion, going in and out of being semi aware, and I had no idea how much time was passing. I never saw or spoke to this guy again. My ride and his friend dropped me off at their apartment and went to this guys house and stole back my car, and the next day went and took everything of mine they could from the house. That was my worst breakup.

• My most recent long term boyfriend cheated on me, lied to me, manipulated me, and getting out of the relationship was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do! I was so so hurt and made to feel guilty for leaving, but I'm the happiest I've ever been!

• It wasn't a break up cause we weren't really official but he dumped me in park then left me crying on the fort porch outside my locked door. It was very painful situation for me during g the time, it took me 3 years to get over it.

• The guy dumped me because I wasn't having sex with him, I wasn't telling him I loved him enough, and he was interested in going out and having fun (sex with other people). But a week before he told me he wanted me to move in with him and have his kids. The best part of it, he messaged me a few months later wanting to date again. I told him no, he had a fit. He called me horrible names and I blocked his number and all his social media.

• I've had a couple bad breakups but I guess my worst was my first bc after we broke up he still told me I was his girl and loved on me, I found out that he had a new girlfriend even though he was all on me kissing me earlier that same week, I couldn't take it it hurt so bad I had to leave school because I couldn't stop crying

• I've never fallen in love so I don't know how heartbreak feels like. I'm scared to experience that honestly, cause I'm not good at handling emotional pain.

• 5d

You got nothing to be scared from I am hoping that you will never feel it, although its not that harsh, But the chances of that are low so I am wishing you the best

• Fell in love with a guy and we dated for 7 months and we both went through some tough stuff like he lost his job and we made plans for marriage and stuff but then he said he wasn't ready for commitment and he's going into the air force and broke up with me after i was ready to do anything for this guy

• I think my worst break up was with my 1st boyfriend when we were both 22. We didn't have a fight. We were hundreds of miles apart and struggled to maintain a long distance relationship. We somehow knew it was inevitable to break up. We both discussed it numerous times and broke up as friends very peacefully. Despite that, it was painful for both of us since it's the 1st time we ever felt such a heartbreak. I've had other bfs after that. Each breakup didn't feel as painful since I kinda learned how to deal with breakups already.

• 5d

so how do you deal with breakups now? do you have any tips?

• 5d

Amen <3 God Bless you!

• 5d

@youtoo: Thank you! :) God Bless you too! <3

• I think I feel worse when I broke up with my fiance that I had waited for. For 4 years while he was in prison, then the day he got out and i. picked him up I realized he wasn't what I wanted anymore so I broke up with him the next day kicking him out! I at least let him have fun first😂 lol he ended up marrying the girl he net next and having 3 kids so I guess it was meant to be lol

• Worst breakup?
    A guy lead me on, we dated for a while, he went for a "family travel"
    Never came back
    Never said a word.
    Good thing I didn't love him

• I have once broke up with a guy on a school field trip. I broke up with him for Many reasons.
    1. Right after he asked me out he said, “this is similar to how my parents got together!” We were in 7th grade
    2. He made our first date to a holocaust museum.
    Lmao at the story!

• Mine was just a 6-year friendship but we were super close and now we don’t talk or communicate at all. It’s super hard to get over.

• I was with this guy with whom I had the best relationship I’ve ever had, great communication and affection. But there was this other girl that was after him. He didn’t want to stop seeing her so I stopped accepting his calls and cut any ties, friends in common or relationship with him. The way I detached myself from him was so abrupt and my position was so unshakable. But that’s the way I cut bs from my life and to this day I’m glad I did that. Can’t take men who likes to make women waste their time.

• 5d

good for you girl. i want to be more like you

• Breaking up a the race way in public and in front of all out friends... it was the worst

• With my last ex. He ended abruptly things without even much of an explanation. I've moved on, but I'm still confused and hurt.

• Being told. Worst break up? We broke up because he lost the feelings towards me and told me that was hard for not seeing you around me (actually it's a long distance relationship)

• When I was in high school I dated someone in years, only to find out he was cheatimg on me with a friend... Sigh

• I got dumped in a Kmart parking lot and he drove off in his truck

• My worst break was my first one and guy end it with a text.

• I had a crush on my guy best friend when I was in 7th grade and he moved out of the state. The crush kind of stayed for a whole 4 years and it didn't help that we kept close contact. He visited during summers and I confessed that I still liked him in 9th grade. He said he liked me back and we started dating despite the fact that he was going to leave at the end of that summer. 6 months later, he broke up with me because of God. I found out later he's now dating the girl he told me to not worry about. 😂 We're still friends and I've long since moved on, but it's still very awkward and not at all like it used to be between us.

• He ghosted me and came back 6 months later to apology

• Hmm. Let's start.
    I'm married to "mama boy" who is 10 years older than me, and he's now on gay dating apps, adding on Instagram a lot of gays all over our state. Fell in love with his friend who are straight and went on a cruise to see him there (that guy was working there), locked his phone, constantly texting with someone and telling me that he's not cheating.
    So I'm alone with 3yrs old child all by myself (because my relatives are in Europe), trying to look like everything is ok. And not I need to get together after this disaster and take care of myself and my daughter.

Who can beat my break up? 😅

P. S. I'm still married to him, but we're separeted. I want drama free break up, so we're doing it really slowly and peacefully.

• Decades ago... the worst of all.

• You deserved it. And you can't spell. ï

• Guy left. Three months time he found a wife.

• He told me that he was gay

• The father to my son. I had no choice but to leave him. Till this day it still breaks my heart😢

• i have had just 2 boyfriends, because I was with my first boyfriend for 4 and a half years. He cheated on me with my ex best friend after 2 years, and she told me. We spent 2 terrible years trying to "build trust" before he cheated on me again with a girl who had the same name as me. When I tried to "find closure" by talking to him about it, he ghosted me. I found out later that he had left me for her. This was 3 years ago and I'm still dealing with it.

May our burned bridges light the way.

• My first boyfriend. I was 19, so late in the relationship department, and we were only together for a month. But God it was a great month, seeing/speaking to eachother every day, going to gigs, hanging out with his mates, sitting in his room, laughing and watching movie together.

A week before the end we were walking home drunk from a club, and he told me how the word “love” scared him, cause anytime he’s said it the relationship ended soon after, but then he told me he loved me, and I was honestly on Cloud 9...

Until 4 days later when he dumped me cause we “didn’t communicate enough” (in regards to speaking/texting) compared to how much he talks to his mates. According to him it was the only unsolvable problem.

But then his mates tell me a couple of weeks later he’s not over his ex, whom he’s still mates with and told me I had nothing to worry about 😂

And now despite my attempts to be civil, he ignores me, both in public and on social media 😂

• More from Girls
    8