How to break things off with the most boring dude ever?

How do I tell this guy that I've been hanging out with for over a year now that I'm so tired of the whole "netflix-and-chill" thing and that he's fucking boring, without sounding as mean as I do right now.
lollll

715

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, you've gotta be pretty boring too if you need him to be the one coming up with ideas for stuff to do

• nah, the only time we ever do stuff is when I'm the one to initiate it

• Oh, I hate people like that, I have friends who always rely on me to come up with shit and it's fucking annoying

Most Helpful Girl

• You don’t have to make it personal or about him, just say things aren’t going how you want them to be but he shouldn’t have to change any aspect of himself for that. if he’s decent he’ll accept that how it is, no matter how he feels.