How to break things off with the most boring dude ever?

How do I tell this guy that I've been hanging out with for over a year now that I'm so tired of the whole "netflix-and-chill" thing and that he's fucking boring, without sounding as mean as I do right now.
lollll

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, you've gotta be pretty boring too if you need him to be the one coming up with ideas for stuff to do

1|3
    0|0
    • nah, the only time we ever do stuff is when I'm the one to initiate it

• Oh, I hate people like that, I have friends who always rely on me to come up with shit and it's fucking annoying

Most Helpful Girl

• You don’t have to make it personal or about him, just say things aren’t going how you want them to be but he shouldn’t have to change any aspect of himself for that. if he’s decent he’ll accept that how it is, no matter how he feels.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Just ghost him. You don't deserve him anyway.

It's not a man's job to entertain spoiled brats. Children complain about being bored. You're not entitled to shit. Dump him and go find somebody else to be your atm.

You clearly don't care about spending time with a man because you love him, you only care about what he can do for you so drop the pretense and move on with your life.

1|3
    1|0
    • Lol pretty sure there is no girl in this world that wants to sit on the couch and watch movies 24/7. Once in awhile sure, and I'm not expecting crazy dates or anything. We could do just go for a hike, anything. It's not being entitled, it's just that he's fucking lazy and it's embarrassing.

You clearly have some personal experience/past anger regarding some sort of situation like this, considering you're so defensive. Hahahaha calm down

• You're clearly taking this personally

• Why are you making it only his responsibility though?

• Tell him this :
    I'm sorry I can't make it anymore. My feble mind can't think of anything fun to do and I'm relying on you to feel like I'm not a useless lazy parasite.
    Alas, this feeling is still there and has been for a while, but I was too much of a coward to talk to you about this earlier. I grew to the point that it bursts out of my chest because my emotions control me.
    I'm sorry, you deserve better, really.

1|3
    0|0
  • Tell him that your bored with netflix and chill. Tell him you need more maybe he will do more. But if he doesn't change dump him. How can a guy know he is boring if you dont tell him. How can he change if you dont give him a chance. Yes doing the same thong is boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him "no offense but you are boring and you bored me", he should really try and change things up, not just always netflix and chill lol, what about dip and bang, pool and fuck, give him that suggestion for me lol

0|0
    0|1
  • All you have to say is that it's not working for you anymore and that you're sorry, but it's over. Don't make it about him.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not trying to sound mean, but it sounds like you both are very boring if the relationship is that stale. Not saying it's your fault but try to see it from a view where you're not blaming him

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell him it's not something you want to do anymore and that you're giving your life to god

0|0
    0|0
  • "Im kinda bored of this.. wanna do something else.. how about..."

0|0
    0|0
  • show him how can he be the most active person on earth so he won't be boring anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Are u dating him? Or just an annoying friend?

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't tell him anything
    Just 👻 him

0|0
    0|1
  • Just break up with him you know what you gotta do and how to do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever expressed you want to do other activities? I'm not criticizing, but we men aren't mind readers lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just say you don't feel the chemistry anymore and you don't feel the relationship is moving forward... Tell him you don't want to waste time, so it's better if you break up...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Be blunt because no matter what you say, it’ll hurt him to some degree. He (likely) expects the truth from you so he has to hear it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only boring people get bored x if he's happy and your not you need to change don't blame him just explain that you don't want the same things

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no way for not being rude to say that kind of thing to him lol just say it as like what you wanna say

0|0
    0|0
  • There must be something you like about that person as you seem to like that person some what for it to take a year of your time

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut off his Netflix & bore him to death lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I'd be mean because it'd get rid of him

0|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes