Is anyone going through heartbreak?

I am bit sad.

How are you doing?

How long has it been?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I split from my girlfriend around 3 weeks ago and it's just finished 2 weeks of NC! It's been really hard as I really cared for her but I knew not speaking to her was the best option to begin with.

This week seems a little easier to handle. It's still hard but she's not in my mind every minute of the day and now I feel that each day she pops up in my head a little less.

Also heard that she is seeing someone new, no idea if its serious and I thought it would completely destroy me but it hasn't. I guess after the 2nd week of feeling terrible I realized that we probably won't get back together and eventually you have to accept that. Immediately after I felt awful and depressed but I think once you've accepted the truth the wounds really do begin to heal!

Good luck and I know you'll start to feel better soon!

What Guys Said 5

• nope

• I am, I just found out a week ago my girlfriend of 5 months cheated on me with my best friend, and apparently she never even cared about me :( So I'm obviously doing not so well. But music helps and my friends are there to back me up. There's nowhere to go, but up from here(:

• you're not alone. I'm going through a heartbreak from 2 years ago. she's still on my mind every single day. we'll get through this together :)

• Mines is only a year. I am so glad I can relate to you. Do you still talk to her?

• Mine didn't wish me on my birthday either. its OK, we'll make it!

• Yeah, LOL

Thanks, I hope that we make and find someone who deserves us.

• You're not alone. It's been 2 years and it is still painful as ever. I think it's impossible to ever forget.

• yeah, everyday for about 2 months...

What Girls Said 2

• I am still, we haven't spoken at all for 3 weeks, but were broken up for a couple of months, it just took a long time for us both to accept it. Even though he wasn't the best boyfriend, there are some days where I just worry that I'm never going to have someone who I can share everything with more than anyone else, he was my best friend in that respect, we could share everything, and he knew everything. On those days I miss him.

But on the other days I remember how he stopped me from seeing my friends, how he cheated, how he used to insult me when I was having a bad day in the looks department. On those days I remember exactly why I'm so much better off without him. But it still hurts like hell. I haven't even had the courage to check his Facebook to see how he is because I'm scared of what I might find him doing, I'd rather not know.

I've started to rebuild my confidence though, and have started talking to a guy who calls me gorgeous and cute, and I have not heard that for a looooong time. So this guy is definitely helping rebuild my confidence in the male population. I guess people would see that as wrong cause I still have feelings there for my ex, but I know even if my ex got down on his knee's and begged, that I still wouldn't get back with him. But this new guy is definitely something special, I'd spoil the heck out of him cause he is one of the rare nice guys. So I guess overall, I'm doing OK :)

• My heart is completely broken. I lived with my ex for one year: gave up my school, job, and friends to move across the country to be with him. I loved him so much, but I probably didn't show it as much as I should have. We fought quite a bit, but I was always willing to work on us as a couple and to never give up. I thought he felt the same way. But after vacationing in my state for one month to visit family, I came back and he was different. He was unaffectionate, distant, etc. I called him out on it and he told me that he doesn't see me in the same light anymore and that he had the desire to check out other girls while I was gone. He also told me that his feelings have changed. He told me he loved me, but he couldn't tell me that he was IN love with me.

This shattered me into pieces. I had to get into my car and drive across the country all by myself, very VERY heartbroken. I thought that I was gonna have a nervous break down. My radio didn't work, I didn't have that much money on me, and my ex wasn't even checking up on me just to make sure that I was safe. He was my best friend, this hurt me. I couldn't even sleep at motels because of all the sadness, shock, and stress.

It's been 3 weeks today that I left and I have had NO contact with him. I am hurt so very bad. I might have taken him for granted a little bit but I wish that he would have handled this in a different way. I would have never given up on our relationship. He threw me away like I was a toy. But I do have my good days, I just found a job so it will keep me busy. I surround myself with my family and friends a lot and I started running. I try to do relaxing things like taking hot baths and drinking lots of tea. I also have my bad days like today, because 3 weeks ago was the absolute worst day of my life and I keep on thinking about it. I've been very emotional today but hopefully I'll get through today and tomorrow will be a better one.

But it's hard that after one year of living together, and 1 year and 7 months of BEING together, he couldn't even check on my safety or ask if I needed anything.