He called me by his ex girlfriends' name?

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost six months. We were jokingly arguing about popcorn and he said "Goddammit Angie",which is defiantly not my name! So I just looked at him and he said it was something this comic said that was funny. But a few days after that I asked him if it was an ex girlfriends name and he said yeah, that him and his friend were arguing and his friend brought her up and he was just annoyed and her name came out.He said he's really sorry ad I said its okay,just don't ever let it happen again.

Is he actually sorry? Is he still in love with her? What should I do?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• let it go girl. a few months ago when I was with this guy named nick we were living together and we loved each other and it was perfect, and we were in the car and he asked me about my ex ryan, because he was really abusive.and about five minutes later he p*ssed me off and I sccreamed "f*** you ryan!" and he was like woaah. you seriously called me that? and I was like omg I'm so sorry I didn't mean to its just cause we were just talking about him. and he slike I understand I've done it before.and he forgave me. its a common mistake. don't let it bother you

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I've done that before doesn't mean I didn't love my current boyfriend, just means that my mouth wasn't connected to my brain at the time. People have so many exes these days, a wrong name is bound to slip out somewhere.

• NO NO NO! It's really okay .. Yu don't have to worry about it :O , he loves yu and you love him and yu guys live haply ever after :D (:

• No, he's not still in love with her. Don't worry about it, she's his Past. Especially in the context, it's not like he said "I love you Angie". I do think he's sorry, and that you should just let it go, people make accidents.