Why did my ex-boyfriend go back to his ex?

I thought my ex-boyfriend loved me. We didn't break up for bad reasons, yet I find out over his social media that he went back to his ex. I still loved him and showed him I still loved him. I felt as if I would do anything for him because that was how much I loved him yet he still went back to his ex. He knew that I still loved him yet he never told me that he was moving on or anything. I'm sure some of you may think that because we broke up that it's not his "job" to tell me that's he's found someone else, but I think if we broke up, he shows interest in someone else and KNOWS that I still love him, I think he should at least have told me. I had to find out in the worst way possible which was through a fucking post about how much he loves his ex girlfriend and how much he loves her. I don't even know why I try anymore with love. I really loved him more than anyone I had ever had a crush on. I hope his ex-girlfriend hurts him a lot. I hope he fucking regrets hurting me. I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but I am even though it's been a few months since this happened, and I can't seem to get over the last piece of me that's still holding onto him. I also looked back at his social media, and he's still happy with his slut of a girlfriend who never even seemed interested in him in the first place.
1 y
Just wanted to include that on his social media, he always talks about how cute his ex is and such. He said the same thing to me yet it makes me feel so awful.
1
0