How long do you take to get over a breakup if they were your soulmate?

So I grew up with this guy. He was my next door neighbor. We were best friends growing up. We dated other people in high school. I had a two year relationship before I dated him. We didn't start dating until we were almost 21. And everything seemed to click for me.

He supported my goals, and I supported him. He always kept surprising me, he was so unpredictable. And the love I had for him completely consumed me. Like, he filled this part of me that I never even knew was empty.

He was in a car accident three months ago. He didn't make it. We were together for almost 3 years. Best friends for 20 years. And for the first month I felt like I was drowning, like I couldn't breathe. I got prescribed meds for anxiety and depression and even tho I don't feel like drowning anymore, I don't feel anything nor do I want to. I feel his absence more than anything. I think of him when I find random shirts that belonged to him in my apartment, when I pass by his favorite restaurant, when I see something that he would've thought was funny. I see him EVERYWHERE I look and I don't think I'll ever feel this way about anyone else.

I can't handle it. Is my heart salvageable? Has anyone ever lost the person they were meant to be with? How'd you get over it?
7
1