Why would a guy go to the extreme of blocking you when your not even friends on social media?

I was dealing with a guy for 7 months. All of a sudden about 2wks ago I received a text saying he was moving and his was getting his phone disconnected and if I wanted to reach him I could by email. I sent a reply back stating that if that’s what he wanted to do and that I had love for him and wish him the best. I have not tried to reach out to him at all and I won’t. I knew that I only followed him on FB and when I noticed I didn’t see anymore of his live post I searched him and noticed he blocked me completely. My thing is if we weren’t even friends on FB why go to the extreme to block me. I just feel like he went to the extreme of making up a lie instead of just saying that he think we shouldn’t see each other more. I feel like maybe I was a little to harsh in a text message to him because a couple days prior he contacted me about seeing me after he came in late one night and then he said “oh never mind” so I felt like either he contacted the wrong person or someone he really wanted to spend time with contacted him. It was two days later after sending that message that he sent me the message of basically he wants no contact. Part of me is sad but I’m also mad because he could’ve been honest. I was always there for him and I believe my biggest problem is I always expect people to have the same heart as me because if someone looks out for you and have your best interest at heart, how could you at least not want to be cordial friends. I feel that mean all the times he said he cared about me was a lie if you can just walk away that easily.
1
1